New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Someone backed into my S

Old 05-30-2005, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Someone backed into my S

I have been working all ing weekend. My company gave us a 4 day weekend (friday and monday off) and I've been working straight through. I went to a diner to get some dinner lastnight in South Norwalk getting food, trying to get some energy back. I came out to find this.

Should I call my insurance company? Should I pay out of pocket and not tell? It's seperated from the fender and the headlight is scratched to all hell. DAMN! Any ideas?
Old 05-30-2005, 08:29 AM

Cant see the photos... just red X --- Opps now I can see em.

Sorry about the damage. Im no insurance expert but do you get tagged with insurance surcharges for damage done you did not cause?
Old 05-30-2005, 08:39 AM

i've got pretty good insurance through allstate, i'm sure it wont be like that.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:31 AM

Damn DJ, sorry to hear !

I would get an estimate and see how much it is to fix. Then if its higher than youre deductible and you dont have any recent claims with Allstate then yes make a claim and get them to fix it. Allstate is good with writing checks for claims. You may just have to go to the local Allstate inspection center. I had to do this when someone rear-ended me and they had Allstate as well. Is that a hole in the bumper? iF SO, i guess youll need a bumper and that about 2 bills i belive.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:04 AM

You filed a police report, right? You may need this to get a claim settled, especially where it could be attributed to you. If you file a claim, you'll need to get it inspected beforehand and possibly afterward. You shouldn't get any surcharge or points but you may have to pay the deductible.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by ajlafleche,May 30 2005, 02:04 PM
You filed a police report, right? You may need this to get a claim settled, especially where it could be attributed to you. If you file a claim, you'll need to get it inspected beforehand and possibly afterward. You shouldn't get any surcharge or points but you may have to pay the deductible.
You may indeed get a surcharge for a claim without a responsible party.

Been there, done that.

Good luck!

Old 05-30-2005, 11:49 AM

I didnt file a police report, I was tired from working 15 hours for the 3rd day in a row, and the bumper wasnt hanging off. I'm going to get it appraised and see if its even worth going through my insurance. I know my deductable isnt bad (250 I believe).
Old 05-30-2005, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by honda_s2k,May 30 2005, 11:16 AM
You may indeed get a surcharge for a claim without a responsible party.

Been there, done that.

Good luck!
My previous car, the Integra, was keyed in a parking lot, deductible but no surcharge. That's with Arbella, YMMV with other companies. A friend work messed up his ruck and has to pay three years of surcharges up front (Commercial Insurance.)
Old 05-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djmatix,May 30 2005, 11:16 AM
I have been working all ing weekend. My company gave us a 4 day weekend (friday and monday off) and I've been working straight through. I went to a diner to get some dinner lastnight in South Norwalk getting food, trying to get some energy back. I came out to find this.
Dude....that sucks! Sorry man..............
Old 05-30-2005, 05:09 PM

Damn man! I'm sorry to hear that too. I'm moving to another apartment in the same complex here in Rocky Hill, its alot cheaper which helps my bills such as insurance and my car payment. But I lose the garage...So my girlfriend gave me her old club and I'm going to get one of those alarms that page me when someone touches my car. I just loved my garage though, because then I didnt have to worry about it. Anyone else doesnt have a garage at home??? If so what do you about your cars safty??? i.e. so it doesnt get broken into or stolen and such.

It would be HAWT to set up a constant camera security device to monitor your car all the time!!! LOL

Quick Reply: Someone backed into my S