S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New England S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-england-s2000-owners-9/)
-   -   Sunday, April 1st - Just the Auto-x event is on? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-england-s2000-owners-9/sunday-april-1st-just-auto-x-event-10075/)

HopkintonMA 03-26-2001 08:50 AM

Guys,
Tuan is not going to be able to make it up to New England Dragway this Sunday (the main reason we were going to head up there, to watch him run his car). I thought I recalled Glenn may want to run his car though? If not, we should all plan to meet up with John at the auto-x event in Ayer.

Frank 03-26-2001 03:57 PM

once again, i'd like to meet up with all you great guys and gals, but on that day i will be preparing my CRX for my 1st Time Trial event. We will be running at Limerock park on 4/2/01. I'm so psyched :D
Catch ya next time!!!

g-s2k 03-26-2001 05:04 PM

Well, that is ok. I was thinking about it since Tuan was going to. But going to the Auto-x would be a better idea. Just let me know what time you would like to go. Just remember what Francis said:)

koejing 03-26-2001 07:34 PM

I plan on showing up...

-koejing

s2ktaxi 03-27-2001 09:19 AM

Are you guys showing up the the auto-x to drive or to watch? If to drive, make sure you go early to register. If to drive, try to get an idea on the schedule for the day depending on who you are going to watch and root for. So that you don't miss too much.

I am still hosting Saturday afternoon for the F1 qualifying and drive/photos (if the weather is good) but cannot make Sunday.

HopkintonMA 03-27-2001 09:27 AM

Francis,
I, and I think Glenn, were just going to watch John at the event. We havent determined what time to show up at the event, but I am going to be picking up my gf in Abington first and not sure what time that will be. Perhaps we can all go for a drive after the event? Too bad you cant make it Sunday, but thanks for hosting Saturday's event.

Pinky 03-28-2001 07:19 AM

UPDATES-Opening Day, Chassis Certifications Posted Monday, March 26, 2001 by nednews
Opening day will NOT be Sunday, April 1st. Due to the amount of snow still on the ground, and the recent rains, the track will not open until Wednesday, April 4th, AT THE EARLIEST. A decision about April 4th will be made this Friday, March 30th. Check back then for the latest information.

Looks like the drag way wont happen! Just hope this isnt some really early and bad April Fools joke!

HopkintonMA 03-28-2001 07:28 AM

Pinky,
I think the Sunday event at the New england dragway wasnt going to happen anyways since the 2 people that were going to race their cars are not going to be dragging. Sunday's event at Ft Devins in Ayer, MA is still on though (we can watch Honda-S2k in the event). Saturday, S2ktaxi is hosting an event at his house at noon to watch the F1 qualifying, and weather-permitting (which looks to be a wash-out right now), a detailing/picture event following the F1.

Rowland 03-28-2001 07:54 AM

Hi All,
What is happening at Devens this weekend. Sorry for the ignorance I just have not seen any of the postings. Is it an open for all car event or just racing? It sounds like I may want to come down to watch and see what is going on. Can someone send me info(rowlandl@aol.com)? I would obviously be coming from the north side down 111/119 from NH.

PsychoBen 03-28-2001 07:57 AM

I am pretty sure I can make it...to root for John.

Where do we meet?