New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Thank you, Glenn

Old 08-25-2009, 06:31 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Thank you, Glenn

About seven years ago, I found this site while looking for my next sports car. I was looking for information about the S2000 and wanted to get some thoughts from the owners' point of view. After a while on the general forums, I found the regional forums and New England. When I first posted here to introduce myself, I was overwhelmed by all the responses welcoming me to the community. I was immediately invited to a meet in the parking lot of a Burger King where Glenn and Jim (Pinky) were going to switch throttle bodies. The welcome was so warm, that I drove about 45 minutes to meet a bunch of people I didn't know from Adam who were working on cars in a Burger King lot. I spent the afternoon talking with Glenn, Jim, Ben and Max and learned about the club and Glenn's plans for the community. I was hooked. Within months I had gone to more meets and was introducing my wife to the other members.

During those first years, I watched Glenn build the community, form a real world club, and do favors for more members than I can count or remember. Glenn would meet members to work on their cars, schedule parties, encourage people to autocross, and organized some of the cross country trips to Fall Colors and the Dragon. Glenn set the tone for the entire community, and everyone followed his excellent example of service and giving to others.

We all know Glenn has not been around for quite a while now. But today, his name was dropped from the masthead of the New England forum and I could not let his name pass without marking the occassion and stopping to say, thank you Glenn for building this forum and this community. Your energy and selflessness made this place what it is today and your influence lives on in every aspect of this community that is good and positive.

There have been more than enough negative or combative threads on this forum, and I'm sure there will be more in the future. This is not the time or thread to continue those debates. Please join me in keeping this thread positive and on topic. Please share your good memories of Glenn with the rest of us. And yes, I know Glenn is still alive, so don't be a smart a$$ either.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:34 PM

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Glenn and thanks!

Hope to see you in Sturbridge!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:39 PM

Received 3,498 Likes on 2,365 Posts

cleanup in aisle 2

this path shall cross again grasshopper
Old 08-25-2009, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know i never said this before but even though we had our differences -

i did / do appreciate all that glenn had done for me personally and not just to the car - my first few years here were great and i owe that to glenn (and everybody).

i suspect he'll still be lurking so good luck

Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeez. He's not dead. I just saw him this past Saturday.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My first time meeting Glenn was a wine drive......he had a hot girl with him and I introduced myself.......sadly. It was Julius. Damn Phillipinos.
LOL.

Thanks for everything.....my ownership experience was great. My automobile succesion plan has a used Cayman S in the future, but I know my ownership experience with the S was based on this community....so
hats off. I'll buy fatty toro for you anytime.

Jeff
Old 08-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Sure I have dropped off the face of the earth a bit myself but well I have gotten caught up with LIFE.

Plus the fact that Glenn and I have been surfing S2000 boards for OH 10 years now! Glenn was a year behind me getting his car in '01 but definitely took participation to levels never before seen and probably never to be seen again in the NE community.

to Glenn and look forward to seeing you soon.

Oh "LIFE" referenced above includes: Getting married, Selling house, buying truck, buying house having a baby all within a year or so time span!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:48 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey Jim, tell the story of the blown diff.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pinky,Aug 25 2009, 10:44 PM
Sure I have dropped off the face of the earth a bit myself but well I have gotten caught up with LIFE.
Babies....they do that.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Aug 25 2009, 10:48 PM
Hey Jim, tell the story of the blown diff.
MINE?

Oh god between that, getting new rubber installed and oh probably something else I had at least 2-3 meets where I was sweating bullets hoping to get my car on the road and doing so the DAY OF or the day before a big meet.

Heck 2x I did that right before I headed to the Dragon! Blown Diff you speak about was Fall Colors where I was to be a Marshal. Missed the PRE-DRIVE event where we learn the course so we can lead others.

Long story short:
Went to the Dragon(couple weeks prior to Fall Colors) and made MANY PASSES but didn't let the diff cool off enough!(looking back at it) Driving home the car JUST DIDN'T FEEL RIGHT. Shaking like the inner CV joint had issues.

Weekend before Fall Colors I am on a nice back road HEADING TO THE PRE-DRIVE EVENT and go to pass someone on the dashed yellow SLAM 4th and BOOM......CLANG CLANG CLANG.......CLUTCH IN. Clutch out same thing clang clang clang. Coast into a parking lot and the 1/2 shaft has BLOWN THE SIDE out of the pumpkin.

Goes in for surgery new pumpkin comes in that week gets installed Thursday/Friday pickup HEAD STRAIGHT OFF OUT OF STATE for trip to the Fall Colors event on Saturday......at this point it was old had as I already did this a couple times before. Just not something I like to go through.

Oh there are many stories like that to be re-told and told again.

GOOD TIMES!!!! GOOD TIMES!

Quick Reply: Thank you, Glenn