New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Wish us luck with inspection people

Old 03-22-2018, 03:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wish us luck with inspection people

Ok so if this beautiful Spoon Sports exhaust with silencer does not do the trick I quit! Trying to find the right parts to satisfy ours and the Mass DOT is a very hard thing to do lol.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard they got tougher because they're putting cameras at the stations, but is there an actual dB limit or something you weren't meeting?
Old 03-22-2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by kenta
I heard they got tougher because they're putting cameras at the stations, but is there an actual dB limit or something you weren't meeting?
Hello Kenta, the inspector at the Honda Dealer was nice enough to tell me that he would not be able to pass it. Reason being they require photos of each corner of the car and if the people in Boston see the canister on the photos he has to submit right away, they will flag the inspection and not let Stef get one? So he said just to put a regular muffler on it and come back. So as I don’t want to be switching exhausts every year for inspection I’m hoping this one will get the job done?
Old 03-23-2018, 04:30 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

"Canister?" The OEM system is black as I recall so something shiny under there OK?

-- Chuck
Old 03-23-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
"Canister?" The OEM system is black as I recall so something shiny under there OK?

-- Chuck
Good question. I believe he was more concerned with the tip than anything else? The Invidia N1 Shines way to much under the car so hoping the Spoon hides itself a bit better?
Old 03-23-2018, 01:29 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

If push comes to shove, see if jenclosure (jake) in upstate has a stock exhaust system. He's bought a few salvage cars and may have some extra parts.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
If push comes to shove, see if jenclosure (jake) in upstate has a stock exhaust system. He's bought a few salvage cars and may have some extra parts.
Good idea! Thanks Blueosprey90 I purchased a few things from Jake back in the day, he is a pretty cool guy! That might just be the best option
Old 03-24-2018, 11:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spoon N1 tips are different looking than normal if I remember correctly.

I have the Fuji Legalis R and had my inspection done Oct 2017 after the new regulations went into effect. I passed. They did not take photos nor did I see the cameras set up in the shop I use. Not sure how its going to work this year though. :crossesfingers:
Old 03-25-2018, 04:35 AM

Good morning all, so top photo Invidia N1,
bottom Spoon Sports
Old 03-25-2018, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by liquidx
Spoon N1 tips are different looking than normal if I remember correctly.

I have the Fuji Legalis R and had my inspection done Oct 2017 after the new regulations went into effect. I passed. They did not take photos nor did I see the cameras set up in the shop I use. Not sure how its going to work this year though. :crossesfingers:
I have to look that exhaust up and see what it looks like? But it’s good to know which ones pass and don’t

Quick Reply: Wish us luck with inspection people