New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

**1st Annual LISC American Cancer Society Charity

Old 05-23-2006, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **1st Annual LISC American Cancer Society Charity

Just a heads up to local guys on the Island. LISC is hosting the first annual Car show for the American Cancer Society. This show is setup for June 3rd at 10am. Location: Presbyterian Church of Sweet Hollow
95 Old Country Road
Melville NY 11747

The show starts at 10am and runs till 3pm. There will be a ton of food and some of the best vendors on LI. I think they are asking for a $7 Donation at the gate for spectators. Remember guys, this show benefits the American Cancer Society so please try to come out and show some support. Tell all your friends about it and try to get as many people to come as possible.

Just trying to get everyone to come down and have a great time. This is for a good cause so if you can make it please come and bring some friends. It would be great if you guys could come down and show your support.

Thanks for looking
Drew
Old 05-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is LISC? What percentage of the Donation goes to the American Cancer Society.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:11 AM

LISC is the Long Island Subaru club. I believe 50% is going to the cancer society. Don't quote me on that, I am not involved in the planning, just spreading the word around. This show is not going to be huge, I don't want to mislead anyone, but it should be a good show for a good cause.

P.S. Dan, I don't know if you remember me, I am Nick's(ningrand) brother. We met a bunch of times at different S2Ki functions. Last time I saw you I was driving a white EP3. Hope all is well.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:46 AM

Just a reminder guys, the show is this weekend. I hope to see some of you guys there.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How's your brother doing? I was just asking since my wife (Oncologist)does some charity work through the her hospital for the Cancer Society. I wish I could go, but inlaws are in town this weekend. Good Luck.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by turbo_pwr,May 30 2006, 10:04 AM
How's your brother doing? I was just asking since my wife (Oncologist)does some charity work through the her hospital for the Cancer Society. I wish I could go, but inlaws are in town this weekend. Good Luck.
Brothers good, he still trolls around here from time to time. Glad to see all is well with you. I think I saw you yesterday around 5:15 on Westbury Ave heading away from glen cove rd. I was going the other way in my Legacy leaving work. Looked like you in a silver turbo Hochi w/ CF hood and trunk.

Back on topic, the show is in 2 days for all that can attend. Hope to see some of you guys there, try to make it if you can, this is for a great cause.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:44 PM

Sh!t was wack!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by the dumontster,Jun 3 2006, 07:44 PM
Sh!t was wack!
It was, the rain kept everyone down, most of the venders did not bother to show up. I hope next year is better.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:11 AM

I didn't mean to be rude. What car was yours SQC? I went just to chill with Ultimate Collision Center(evo) and shoot the sh!t with Costas(wrx swapped 2.5) and Rick (skyline and 06 wrx wagon). I whipped the s2000 there. However, I think I need some AWD turbo in my life.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:22 PM

The white Legacy, not the one with the gold rims, the stock one. I just got the car a month ago and just started to mod it. I was hanging out with Rick as well. I even got to take his Skyline to 711 to get some paper towels.

It was a really bad turn out, I hope it will be bigger and better next year. I still had a good time even with the rain. My brother won street class and my friend won Mod 1 class. It was a good time.

Quick Reply: **1st Annual LISC American Cancer Society Charity