New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

**Need Lawyer in Westchester County**

Old 10-02-2017, 06:47 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S

No front plate where required is a sign of arrogance.

-- Chuck
Or a mechanical failure. Or, just a visitor from out of state. I'm from PA and need no front plate .........

WTF CHUCK.

Last edited by freq; 10-02-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BradtheMachine
I would like to point out that this was not during the Bear Mountian drive but rather after it was finished.

You received all of those tickets each or those are split among the 7 people? Good luck and hopefully it works out in the end.
Yeah, it was after, don't let my experience deter you from the drive, it's a great run to participate in and very organized. And no, i believe all of us received the same charges.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
A couple of sure fire ways to attract traffic cop attention, other than the obvious "80 in a 55," are no front license plate and a pack of identical cars. I've seen local cops do quick u-turns with just those last two and no excessive speed from anyone.

No front plate where required is a sign of arrogance.

-- Chuck
I have been running with no front plate for quite some time now and have had no issue. I think the only time an officer will cite you for that is after being stopped for something more intense, such as a moving violation. I've past by plenty of officers and they don't even bat an eye. Now, if you have headlight tints or something, that's enough to get the attention, then hit you with the front plate afterwards.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:02 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by hmnunes97
I have been running with no front plate for quite some time now and have had no issue. I think the only time an officer will cite you for that is after being stopped for something more intense, such as a moving violation. I've past by plenty of officers and they don't even bat an eye. Now, if you have headlight tints or something, that's enough to get the attention, then hit you with the front plate afterwards.
They can stop you for a front plate ticket, they stop me just for it
Old 10-02-2017, 08:03 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by hmnunes97
Yeah, it was after, don't let my experience deter you from the drive, it's a great run to participate in and very organized. And no, i believe all of us received the same charges.
As one of the head organizers I just wanted people to be aware that it wasn't during our drive.

best of luck!
Old 10-02-2017, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by jlozano180
They can stop you for a front plate ticket, they stop me just for it
Yeah i won't disagree with you on that, but just from my experience it has yet to happen. I'm probably gonna start putting it on though, just adds to the existing headache of my ticket
Old 10-02-2017, 08:45 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

If you're sitting in a parking spot the Traffic agents will cite you pronto. $130 bucks in a month!
I was so mad I was cursing and I just came out of church. Lost my religion

Ticket2

No Plate photo1
Old 10-02-2017, 08:51 AM

I know some Bridge and Tunnel agents. Now that they have the cashless tolls they take a picture of your car when it goes through the lane. If they see you have no front plate they can forward your plate to the enforcers with those two boxes on the back of the car. Those boxes are license plate scanners. If you pass one of them and you have an alert for your plate he will come after you. The computer will tell him what he is looking for...No front plate, you could be a scofflaw owing money, etc.
Big Brother IS watching !!!
The following users liked this post:
Bricktop ivi (10-03-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by freq
Or a mechanical failure. Or, just a visitor from out of state. I'm from PA and need no front plate .........

WTF CHUCK.
Sorry but they look at your windshield stickers to see if you are from out of state
Old 10-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
Sorry but they look at your windshield stickers to see if you are from out of state
Bastards.

Glad I live in PA.

Quick Reply: **Need Lawyer in Westchester County**