New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

3pc Wheel Refinishing

Old 07-14-2011, 04:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3pc Wheel Refinishing

I'm looking to have all 4 of my wheels broken down, lips polished/straightened and faces repainted.

I took two of my wheels to Al's Hubcaps in Mineola a few months back and they HACKED the SH*T out of my wheels. That place came recommended by some members so I gave it a try but they really do not take any pride in their work or from the looks of it really care at all.. anyway the wheels are Work S1 3 Piece, price is not a issue as long as the work is meticulous because I am a anal whore, thanks =)

PS - Queens/LI Location would be ideal.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:30 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

the best place is going to be wheel collision center in bath, pa. hands down the best place. they did work on my rims and i know they refinished jacko's too. so flawless and perfect. you can ship it to them too.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lon go to proformance in new rochelle, they do the best work but are pricey but i believe you'll be satisfied.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by orangebarius
the best place is going to be wheel collision center in bath, pa. hands down the best place. they did work on my rims and i know they refinished jacko's too. so flawless and perfect. you can ship it to them too.

Lon they do great work I recommend them with confidence to everyone that asks

http://www.wheelcollision.com/
Old 07-14-2011, 07:18 PM

Did you guys ship your wheels to " wheel collision " ? I imagine that would be kind of pricey. I guess my issue now is getting the wheels to either wheel repair place being I don't have a spare set of wheels to sit on for awhile.. Barry, Mike, what was the turn around time on your wheels?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:32 PM

LOL Rich, Proformance definitely has the more impressive website.. Tough choice.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:35 PM

I think I'll give Proformance a go, they're only 30 mins away from me vs. Wheel Collision being 2hrs. Rich did you leave your car there? or just dropped the wheels off?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LonS2k
Did you guys ship your wheels to " wheel collision " ? I imagine that would be kind of pricey. I guess my issue now is getting the wheels to either wheel repair place being I don't have a spare set of wheels to sit on for awhile.. Barry, Mike, what was the turn around time on your wheels?
I shipped a dented and bent Volk wheel to Wheel Collision from my house in Mass. It was $35 each way to ship, and about $180 for them to rebuild the barrel of the wheel. The thing came back looking better than my other 3 wheels!

-Mike
Old 07-15-2011, 05:22 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i drove to wheel collision and it was 2 hrs each way. i dropped them off and they called me the next day and they were done. they just straightened my rims, fixed a bent lip and cracked barrel. mine are a 2 piece rim. it depends on what you have done, but i cant see them taking more then a week to refinish an entire set. they have a pretty large staff.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:44 AM

Lon, I have a set of ap1 with snow tires you can borrow till your wheels are done if you want. They are currently in Queens still and will be going into my storage unit out in LI this saturday. I'll PM you with my new number. It's been a while and you may have my old one.

Also, I didn't have the best experience going go Al's hubcaps either. Al is a bit of douche and wouldn't work with me on an issue I had. Not to mention he started going into this whole shadey routine with one of his guys on how rare the paint on my wheels are and so forth.

Quick Reply: 3pc Wheel Refinishing