New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Anyone here have a carry permit?

Old 12-01-2010, 10:14 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Js S2k,Dec 1 2010, 03:09 PM
and you being in jail for shooting someone would cover your cost of business?
Not trying to split hairs here just playing devil’s advocate.
and why would i be going to jail for shooting someone when they are trying to rob me? aka self defense?

Than again i am brown
Old 12-01-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by orangebarius,Nov 30 2010, 02:23 PM
sayed, ur brown ur screwed. jk son
Old 12-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

it ain't the wild west.

somone mugs you pulls a gun whatever... you shoot them. investigation lasts forever, perps family sues you for millions cause you should have known he wasn't serious about shooting you, the gun wasn't loaded, he had a bad childhood whtever... you lawyer up and they settle for you putting all his kids and his baby momies through college...
Old 12-01-2010, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNJ,Dec 1 2010, 02:59 PM
it ain't the wild west.

somone mugs you pulls a gun whatever... you shoot them. investigation lasts forever, perps family sues you for millions cause you should have known he wasn't serious about shooting you, the gun wasn't loaded, he had a bad childhood whtever... you lawyer up and they settle for you putting all his kids and his baby momies through college...

Or worst .. getting shot back in return or missing and hitting someone else. Try fighting that one in court. Just saying ..
Old 12-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=s.hasan546,Dec 1 2010, 03:14 PM] and why would i be going to jail for shooting someone when they are trying to rob me? aka self defense?

Than again i am brown
Old 12-01-2010, 02:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Js S2k,Dec 1 2010, 05:36 PM
I dont know if you remember that story somewhile back, robber broke into some guys house and hurt himself falling down the stairs or something rediculous, sued the owner of the house and won.

Wierder things have happened than people getting thrown in jail for self defense,

like the other guys have said all it takes is a good lawyer and self defense gets turned into premeditated homicide.
The news loves stories like that. Im sure for the most part self defense works out in favor of the good guys.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s.hasan546,Dec 1 2010, 02:14 PM
and why would i be going to jail for shooting someone when they are trying to rob me? aka self defense?

Than again i am brown
I think you need to do a little reading before you get a firearm IMHO. You are in NY, not Texas. You will either be in jail (worst case scenario) or be homeless poor for the rest of your life (best case scenario.)

Like I said before, I don't believe your friend has a CCW (for 6K deposits anyway) and there is not a chance in hell you are going to get one. According your logic, any business owner on Long Island can get a CCW, which is definitely not the case. There are TONS and TONS of people/businesses in NY/LI that do MEGA business and do MEGA deposits daily, and they get denied. I know a coin/bullion dealer in long island that travels with millions of dollars with cash/and-or bullion on them, and they get denied as well. Don't waste your time and efforts getting a CCW in NY/LI.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Deception,Dec 1 2010, 06:37 PM
The news loves stories like that. Im sure for the most part self defense works out in favor of the good guys.
You would be VERY surprised.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Dec 2 2010, 06:27 AM
I don't believe your friend has a CCW (for 6K deposits anyway)
ok thx for your input
Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Former Moderator

Roll your eyes all you want, you ain't gettin a CCW for 6K worth of deposits. If you put that on your application, they would respond "if you are that worried, have an armored carrier pick up the money from your place of business."

If you don't want information, fine, but don't come here asking for advice, and then roll your eyes when someone gives it to you.

What I said is very simple, but you took it as an insult.

You claimed your friend has a CCW (not a pistol permit, two different things) for 6K in deposits, to which I replied....

1)Either your friend is lying and does NOT have a CCW

or

2)It's not for 6K worth of deposits.

It's that simple, and those are the ONLY two choices.

Here is some info to help you out.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newyork.pdf

Just another note...there are SOME parts of Nassau that ALLOW FULL CCW TO AND FROM A RANGE. This is ONLY for that country and you can NEVER be caught with it anywhere OUTSIDE YOUR HOME or RANGE. Meaning, if you stop at 7-11 to get a soda, the gun is illegal.

Read this handbook. It proves everything I've said.
http://www.police.nassaucountyny.gov/pdf/I...bPage%20_2_.pdf

Once approved, you will legally be able to CARRY YOUR GUN CONCEALED from your car TO THE RANGE. That's it. That is the only type of CCW one can get in Nassau (unless one qualifies for the other two, which are damn near impossible.)

Whatever, good luck with your application.

Quick Reply: Anyone here have a carry permit?