New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

AP2 Rim Refinisher Recommendations in the Tri-State Area

Old 01-31-2016, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long ago was your purchase of the rim from Bernardi?
Old 01-31-2016, 10:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomasj
How long ago was your purchase of the rim from Bernardi?
Late last year, around November. The photos of the wheels you posted look OEM, non refinished. There is supposed to be some spray gun texture on the inserts of the wheels when they come sprayed from the factory. Check out another set of OEM wheels and you'll notice the same pattern. The scratches on the face may be from handling, was that what you were trying to point out in the photo?
Old 01-31-2016, 11:00 AM

The first two pics are of the wheels that came on the car when I bought it new. The painted portion of the rim is silvery grey and has as very slight texture. These are the pics that show part of the damage the dealer did when mounting my new Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The third and fourth pictures are of the "new" rims that the Honda dealer said they purchased new from the factory. The painted portion of the rim is both a different silvery color and has a more pronounced raised texture. This is not the way my original rims looked.

Here are two new pics. The first is the original; the second is the new "factory" rim.

https://photos.google.com/u/2/share/...kycTNfLVRJakZ3

I fully recognize that this whole issue fully demonstrates my level of OCD.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:10 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I fully recognize that this whole issue fully demonstrates my level of OCD.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:42 AM

Mister Clean, I am curious what you think of the pictures? Can I assume that the new rim you purchased from Bernardi looks more like the first pic and not the second?

For the broader audience how do you think I should approach the dealer to determine if these are refurbs or not? They told me they were going to Honda for them but I have no evidence of where they got the rims. I actually never got a receipt the day I picked up the car. And if they knowingly purchased refurbs to save money they are not going to all of a sudden tell me the truth. Should I ask for a copy of their order from the factory as confirmation? Or is their some other way to resolve this?
Tom
Old 02-02-2016, 05:12 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

http://www.hondaauto...&catcgry5=WHEEL

Looks like Majestic Honda is only selling refurbs at this point too as they are asking for a core.

Buy used wheels on here. See them before you buy them.

Or go aftermarket with some Volks and up your game.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:46 AM

Before this all started, I had checked with another on line Honda retailer and they specifically told me that the rims that they sold for the 2004-2005 s2000 came from the factory and were new OEM and not refurbished. They noted that Honda did take the cores back but did not resell them.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mister Clean, I am curious what you think of the pictures? Can I assume that the new rim you purchased from Bernardi looks more like the first pic and not the second?

For the broader audience how do you think I should approach the dealer to determine if these are refurbs or not? They told me they were going to Honda for them but I have no evidence of where they got the rims. I actually never got a receipt the day I picked up the car. And if they knowingly purchased refurbs to save money they are not going to all of a sudden tell me the truth. Should I ask for a copy of their order from the factory as confirmation? Or is their some other way to resolve this?
Tom
Car is in storage right now, but I'll take a look once I get the chance. I might have some photos of the new wheel that I can forward to you/post in this thread. Will keep you updated
Old 02-04-2016, 05:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wheres the best place to purchase new OEM AP2V2 wheels anyway?