New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Autocross Hangout - Dates updated

Old 06-02-2014, 04:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Autocross Hangout - Dates updated

Hey guys and gals,

Purpose of this thread will be to post up Autocross dates or any such other events and discussions.

IMHO every car lover/enthusiast should autocross atleast once, it helps you get a feel for the car and maybe in turn make you a safer driver.
FOR ANYONE NEW TO AUTOCROSS OR EVEN FOR THOSE WHO HAVE QUESTIONS SEE THE SLIDESHOW
This was copied from the autocross FAQ and may have a lot of answers for those who are interested in participating.

Slide show!

I will update main post for upcoming dates.

Im sure most of you have already autocrossed. But for those who are on the fence and are first timers it can be all kind of intimidating. Don't worry the autocross crowd are friendly people and you can ask for instructors. If you need help and have any questions you can ask it here or you can PM me directly. I will talk you through the steps and what to expect.

You can walk up and register on site for both events if you wish, but its best off that you pre-register.

SCCA NNJR - Motorsportsreg.com - make an account and look for Meadowlands NNJR events.
MSNE - Motorsportsne.com -register for Axware systems and register for dates wanted.

You dont have to prepay, most of us do not. You can pre-register and pay when you get there just in case plans change or rains.

upcoming event date(s) UPDATE

im not affiliated with this website in anyway but this is the best place to check for any upcoming Autocross events in the area and neighboring states.

autox4u.com

Hope to see you guys there.

** Edited cause Jose never made a schedule like he said he would <3 **
Old 06-02-2014, 04:44 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice Hez

I plan to be there on June 8 with a few guys.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:51 AM
Community Organizer

Ill be doing both events so see you then! I finally got a go pro! You're gonna have to show me how to use this damn thing.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:54 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by iamxpL
Ill be doing both events so see you then! I finally got a go pro! You're gonna have to show me how to use this damn thing.
The using them part is easy and I pretty much got the editing part of it. Just uploading the video to youtube is the hard part. Steve and Rad got it down pack. You got the Hero 3
Old 06-02-2014, 05:00 AM
Community Organizer

yup hero 3+. im gonna start fiddling with it today since it came in yesterday.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:10 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by iamxpL
yup hero 3+. im gonna start fiddling with it today since it came in yesterday.
Which edition did you get? I'm going to get another Hero as well. I want the 3 so I can use the remote.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:26 AM
Community Organizer

got the silver edition, i got it mainly so that i can watch the video in between runs, i like that it can do the play back on the phone.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:53 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Hez be prepared to buy batteries or charge it with wifi gopro love to eat those batteries.

I'll be doing the double header with you and I think Gordon is as well.

Btw you missed out yesterday!!!! Def not Bad trip there semi traffic on the way back we were making fun of the trip tho.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Nicaraguense13
Hez be prepared to buy batteries or charge it with wifi gopro love to eat those batteries.

I'll be doing the double header with you and I think Gordon is as well.

Btw you missed out yesterday!!!! Def not Bad trip there semi traffic on the way back we were making fun of the trip tho.
yeah i read it lasts about 1.5 hours while using the wifi go pro app. that should be plenty. im gonna mod my case to be a skeleton case and i can just keep it plugged in and so that i can attach an external mic. Nice i cant wait till the weekend. Yeah was busy yesterday anyways, had to do some work on the house.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:35 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I just bought one (10-15 bucks on eBay) since I do use the camera for vacations so the waterproof case is worth it. I run the camera on the bumper and a Mic right next to the intake box. I'll edit my videos tonight and post it later.

Also if anyone wants to prep their cars I do live 5-10 min from MetLife stadium.

2 garages/compressor 60gal/ Jack stands/ pump jack/ most basic Tools/ Some specialty etc etc. -- Mi casa su casa.

Quick Reply: Autocross Hangout - Dates updated