New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Autocross Hangout - Dates updated

Old 06-02-2014, 07:50 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

thats damn nice of you, maybe we can hold a tech day at your house when i become CO. Let me know if you ever need a hand with your car.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by iamxpL' timestamp='1401722725' post='23185940
[quote name='Nicaraguense13' timestamp='1401720824' post='23185871']
Hez be prepared to buy batteries or charge it with wifi gopro love to eat those batteries.

I'll be doing the double header with you and I think Gordon is as well.

Btw you missed out yesterday!!!! Def not Bad trip there semi traffic on the way back we were making fun of the trip tho.
yeah i read it lasts about 1.5 hours while using the wifi go pro app. that should be plenty. im gonna mod my case to be a skeleton case and i can just keep it plugged in and so that i can attach an external mic. Nice i cant wait till the weekend. Yeah was busy yesterday anyways, had to do some work on the house.
It will last 1.5-2hours on standby mode but if youre actually recording it will last you maybe 30-40mins. I carry 3 batteries and a car charger so while I record I have the other 2 getting recharged. My only issue is still the sound. Ive tried an external mic,skeleton and closed case so far and all get terrible wind noise. Lets see what else I can come up with lol
[/quote]

did you get that fuzzy ball wind diffuser for the mic? hmm 40 mins is plenty. autocross runs are >60 secs. but ill buy an extra one just in case.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:41 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I use a go pro 3 black with the skeleton case. (just the side cut out) external Mic. ( 2 bucks 6-8ft long cable 3pack mic) but I use a wabasi battery (Amazon) it lasted me 9 runs and 1 hour trip back home.

Quality gopro hands down

battery life Contour ftw
Old 06-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Community Organizer

i also have a sony action Cam. the battery on that thing lasts. i might mount that to my helmet.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by iamxpL' timestamp='1401722725' post='23185940
[quote name='Nicaraguense13' timestamp='1401720824' post='23185871']
Hez be prepared to buy batteries or charge it with wifi gopro love to eat those batteries.

I'll be doing the double header with you and I think Gordon is as well.

Btw you missed out yesterday!!!! Def not Bad trip there semi traffic on the way back we were making fun of the trip tho.
yeah i read it lasts about 1.5 hours while using the wifi go pro app. that should be plenty. im gonna mod my case to be a skeleton case and i can just keep it plugged in and so that i can attach an external mic. Nice i cant wait till the weekend. Yeah was busy yesterday anyways, had to do some work on the house.
It will last 1.5-2hours on standby mode but if youre actually recording it will last you maybe 30-40mins. I carry 3 batteries and a car charger so while I record I have the other 2 getting recharged. My only issue is still the sound. Ive tried an external mic,skeleton and closed case so far and all get terrible wind noise. Lets see what else I can come up with lol
[/quote]

Where did you put the mic? I have had a lot of success putting the mic in the cargo net on the passanger seat. It works at a track and at the Dragon. Works with hardtop on and off.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...CM_Stereo.html <--this is the mic I used.

I've had that mic on my Hero2, Hero3, and now Hero 3+ Black Edition and it has worked well on all three. The only thing that sucked was having to get a seperate case and drilling the side (before I knew they had a skeleton case )

Have you done the firmware update yet? I am getting a lot more life out of the camera than before with the Hero3. Not sure if that's because the battery is different between the 3 and 3+.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Community Organizer

Friend of mine tapes his mic by his rear license plate, the audio sounds good. I will invest in a skeleton case then, sounds to be a more sensible plan. So the 3+ models are better with battery life?
Old 06-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by iamxpL
Friend of mine tapes his mic by his rear license plate, the audio sounds good. I will invest in a skeleton case then, sounds to be a more sensible plan. So the 3+ models are better with battery life?
The mic I use is probably too big (and heavy) to tape to the license plate. I'll have to upload a vid I took last year at Mid Ohio. It was suction cupped to the side of the car and I had the mic cable wrapped around the mirror and into the car. I think people would be impressed with just how exhaust/engine noise you can hear. (and of course, tire noise from those loud iamxpL tires he loves. jk). Oh, and I got passed by the next gen NSX and you can hear it go by (even though the mic is in my car).

As far as battery goes..maginally better in my opinion. GoPro touts 30% better battery life with the 3+. I would say that's a stretch. The battery itself is slightly different than the 3. I was able to use the extra Wasabi batteries that everyone else has with the 3+ and it felt like it's also lasting a bit longer.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Community Organizer

Haha you and that damn road noise , maybe I have gone deaf from my exhaust. Yes please post up that vid! Will do some research on that wasabi battery.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:33 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and New Charger for GoPro HD HERO3+, HERO3 and GoPro AHDBT-201, AHDBT-301, AHDBT-302 by Wasabi Power http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAIPT76/..._u1mJtb076ZYZQ

These are the ones I run and the

SMATREE ones but I prefer the wasabi ones

This is another option for everyone that mounts the camera far from a power supply

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Pro2 20000mAh 4-Port Aluminum Portable Externa... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NGLTZQ/..._53mJtb1X2TP1B

I want to figure out a way I can use the portable power + Mic but I can't find a mini usb B splitter /hub from 1 to 2. The question after that is if it will work

This will give me 2.5 to 3 hours if all plays out right.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Former Moderator

thats damn nice of you, maybe we can hold a tech day at your house when i become CO. Let me know if you ever need a hand with your car.

Haha you and that damn road noise , maybe I have gone deaf from my exhaust. Yes please post up that vid! Will do some research on that wasabi battery.

You DO know that you don't need to be CO to organize an event right? Which reminds me, I should probably switch you over at some point.

What exhaust are you running anyway? Invidia?

Quick Reply: Autocross Hangout - Dates updated