New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Billman Motion S2000 Repair Thread IV

Old 09-11-2017, 08:56 PM

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesBro
Bill:
Any ideas or suggestions on how to remove a CD stuck in the factory radio/CD player?
Radio works as a radio, and the CD in the unit works, but when I click eject, I get a clicking, and then the CD won't play anymore. I have to switch back to radio, play the radio for a while, and then I can play the CD again.
I'll jump in here - I don't have a solution, just my experience with the same problem. I searched a long time for the answer to the stuck CD and came up with nothing that worked. Frustrated, and unwilling to pay $800 to replace it with another OEM head unit, i removed the radio, took it apart (very small screws and springs), removed the CD, put it back together and it worked for a short period before another CD got stuck. Searched the internet for a used OEM unit and found one in a CA junk yard. They sold it to me for $100. Guess what - the CD player didn't work. (Got a refund.) At that point I purchased a Kenwood unit with Bluetooth and have been happy ever since. The ability to stream music and make phone calls through the factory speakers was a huge upgrade for a fraction of the cost of the OEM radio. If you can afford to replace it, I'd suggest going down that road.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250
PM is my only form of contact. PMed on how to solve your current issue.
Send you a pm
Old 09-19-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 Honda S2000 purchase Billman TCT

Hey Billman250, Greg Fuhrman here...it has been well over the waiting period for me now. Can I now make a purchase of your TCT XGen for my S.??? please let me know..thx GF
Old 09-22-2017, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billman TCT

How much would it cost for a 2004 S2K TCT shipped to Oakland CA 94611?
Old 09-22-2017, 05:32 AM

Received 1,249 Likes on 760 Posts

PM sent, note it will be approx 2 weeks from your signup date before you can reply.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:38 AM

Hi Billman,

PM sent. Looking to purchase a TCT as soon as possible. Could you tell me what the lead time is currently?

Best,
Akbar
Old 09-23-2017, 06:20 PM

I would like to schedule an appointment for a once over service for my AP2. I do not have the ability to PM yet, what's the best way to schedule an appointment?
Old 09-23-2017, 07:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Billman,

Please PM me a price for turnkey clutch replacement install for an '05 S2000 as well as a valve adjustment. Thanks!
Old 09-25-2017, 03:58 AM

Good morning Billman, hopefully, this is the best way of inquiry?

I have a 2004 AP2 and would like to go for the "Once over" treatment on her. I am also having what sounds like a diesel sounding rattle when in idle (after a drive, not on initial start) that silences when I push the clutch in. I am thinking the Fulcrum is loose.

I am located in MA and my E-mail is sgladwin@adcole.com.

Best Regards,

Scott Gladwin
Old 09-27-2017, 03:20 AM

Default Another great experience with Billman

I'm sure at this point Billman has enough great reviews, but I'll add my 5 star positive vote!

I picked up an '04 Suzuka with 39k miles and wanted Billman to do his once over and oil change. My wife's eyes not just rolled up, but her head started to spin around like in the Exorcist at the mention of me driving 2 hours one way for an "oil change".

I tell you, it's worth it! Billman is a master! Yes, many other shops could probably do the work that he does, but not at his speed and efficiency. This is because he exclusively works on S2000 (except for a few other cars of S2000 owners, like one NSX, he mentioned). This means, he has every tool streamlined for work on the S2k. Every move is fine tuned: How much pressure to apply to whatever part, how much torque for even screws going into plastic parts so not to strip them, etc. I would equate it to me using Photoshop. Yes, I'm pretty good at using all the tools in the program, but I'm a self taught recreational user. My wife is a graphic designer and she doesn't open any menus with the mouse. She uses all fast keys. So to do a project that takes me 4 hours only takes her 4 minutes with better results.

Considering my lower mileage and my previous owner being an enthusiast also with multiple notes about up to date valve adjustments and fluid changes, I thought I'd only need oil change. In addition to oil change, I ended up doing the TCT even without the ticking, valve adjustment, axle nut fix, clutch fluid and clutch/throttle adjustment. He looked at everything else and said I was in good shape. This all took a couple of hours and all the while explaining what he was finding.

Not expecting that much difference, I immediately noticed much smoother clutch feel/engagement, much smoother and quieter engine. I feel much more confident in the mechanicals to push the car after the Billman touch!

Thanks, Billman.

Quick Reply: Billman Motion S2000 Repair Thread IV