New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Buying a wing.... looking for most downforce

Old 06-20-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Buying a wing.... looking for most downforce

Howdy see....... long time listener first time....well, whatever....

.... looking to buy a waaaaaangggg !!! Going big or not going at all. My sights were torn between Voltex's "swan neck" Type 7 or their center mounted Type 7. My argument...... the Center Mount comes with the option of installing the Gurney flap (for added downforce) as well as the 30mm risers to be a fancy pants big wanger.
Upon having called Evasive, to see what their facts were on the matter and also to see if they'd possibly be able to provide wind tunnel test data or something, I was told that the Swan Neck's effects on the cars they've been testing is of greater significance than the other applications they've tested. Mind you, the Center amount type 7 with the Gurney and risers is more pricey than the Swan.... so it's not like they're just trying to get one over on me kinda thing.
I've owned the car 10 yrs...track mods are what I'm shooting for .... thoughts?
Old 06-20-2017, 02:22 PM

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

I'm thinking what grunts2k would say
Old 06-20-2017, 07:37 PM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Not sure if I read it incorrectly or misunderstood you, but have you track before?

whats your suspension set-up?
Old 06-21-2017, 04:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

.... and why not post in Racing & Competition?
Old 06-21-2017, 04:59 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Hmmm... would invest in brakes, sticky tires, seat etc... wings would be way down on the list. Master all of that stuff and then look for more downforce.

unless this is look at me i have a wing....
Old 06-21-2017, 07:14 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

my gtc200 is for sale, 650 takes it. i need a bigger one.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:28 AM

Discount available here:
Sponsorship | APR Performance
Old 06-22-2017, 08:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't tell if serious or if trolling.....

Originally Posted by SmokeyGatto
my gtc200 is for sale, 650 takes it. i need a bigger one.
Smokey I might take that wing from you!
I want a "look-at-me-wing"!
I'm bout that fake-track life!
Old 06-23-2017, 09:17 AM

No troll. Long time lurker. Refuses to buy membership but always needs advice when he comes on.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow ..... these are no longer the "Anuj " days.

Ok . I was posting this in order to see what my LOCAL s2k owners thought. I did so ina humorous fashion, but that's neither here nor there. Could've been easily posted on Racing and Competition, BUT it was posted here.... so I could see what the locals thought. You'd rather comment on that, rather than give me from your own $.02. Like cmon

Suspension setup is Ohlins DFV with Swift Springs for the harder 600-700 lbs spring rates offered by those at Urge so I don't have my tires bouncing into my wheel well/fender liner. This is my setup and still haven't received any insight on my post although I've been indirectly forced to answer this for you. This is my setup. It is my setup and without me it is nothing. Without it I am nothing. (3092)

Have tracked/autocrossed and after acquiring a daily, the car is mainly being modded for track orientation . Asking me if I have tracked also is not answering or giving me any insight on my original post.

Have upgraded my brakes and added an APR splitter as well as a diffuser from the Jordan Gladman camp.

This post was absolutely butchered. L'Angelo is right, I am a long timer here. I lurk cuz I'd rather not chime in sometimes. I read so I can get the best facts. When I first joined this community.... I COULD hop on, get the info I asked for, I log off or be directed to SEARCH by the sites experienced moderators .

What ive received in this is nothing but criticism. Why bother chiming in when this is what the community has become... why no do this ... what's ur setup.... do you even track bro? Cmon haha

ive spent lots of time and money into this and it's a shame that it's no longer the anuj days. And if u guys know anything about trolling ... Langelo.... when u tell me to buy a subscription to s2ki EVERY TIME I log in hahaha that's called trolling .

did I mention I miss Anuj and the old community of enthusiasts that offered their own $.02 without criticism . Am I that old.... have I not grown int this young crowd. I don't know but here's the information that was asked for. I'm really sorry for not posting in Racing and competion.

And even more.... responding to this butchered thread has made me come off like some child. So my apologies for that but a reckoning did take place. Just look at all the initial responses to this. It's unfortunate that this is what has become. If I had been a new owner and asked this I would be so deterred

Quick Reply: Buying a wing.... looking for most downforce