New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Car stolen in front of apartment.....

Old 08-16-2018, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrykhar
that's crazy ... did you get an insurance payout on it? Do you get the car back? How does any of this work?
Yeah I got paid out through insurance. I don't know if I get my car back. Maybe someone can chime in how this process works.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:23 PM

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Aww shit Dave! Can't believe they had your car all that time. Seeing that you got paid, the insurance company owns your car. You should call them and see if they will let you buy it back.
Good shit Dave.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
You should call them and see if they will let you buy it back.

...if it still looks like anything
Good luck man
Old 08-16-2018, 04:14 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I'd buy it back cuz that's a cool fukn story.

I had some tools stolen from my work truck. Bought one of them back almost exactly 1 year later at a pawn shop. Still had my initials on it.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:47 PM

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by HotDamnitsDavid
Yeah I got paid out through insurance. I don't know if I get my car back. Maybe someone can chime in how this process works.

What To Expect If Your Car Is Recovered

Unfortunately, stolen cars are often times not recovered, so in the short term, the best course of action is to make the claim for the theft.

The good news though is that it can happen and it does. This means that your car insurance policy should make mention of it somewhere, even if it is just a couple of lines. It’s worth reading this then and checking carefully so that you can be certain of precisely what their stance will be should your car turn up again.

If your car does turn up again, then it is those few lines that will determine how you should act next.

In most cases, the stance the company will take is that they now own the original property. In other worse, if your car should be found again, it is now down to you to send the car back to the insurance company. You’ll probably need to call and discuss in order to learn how you are required to deliver the car and whether or not you have any other options, such as buying the car back.

Usually, the insurance company will then send round a salvage crew to come and collect your vehicle. By law, it is the responsibility of the insurance company to claim the property – so if you are being asked to pay for it to be transported, then you have the right to refuse.

In some cases, the insurance company may find that the value of the recovered items is not high enough to be worth their while collecting them. In that case, you’ll be able to keep everything. However, it is very important that you still inform the company initially, as otherwise you could find yourself guilty of fraud.

One final complication might be if you have any items inside the car that have importance or sentimental value to you. If you claimed for those items, then technically, they will now be the property of the insurance company too. If you want to try and get them back, then you will need to speak with a representative. In most cases though, you should find they are fairly lenient in these scenarios – they are human too, after all!

Ultimately, it’s a frustrating process either way but all you can do is to follow due process. When your car is stolen, inform the insurance company and the police. If it is returned to you, then make sure to do the same. They should talk you through the rest!

https://www.4autoinsurancequote.com/...ce-pays-claim/
Old 08-17-2018, 04:19 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

http://www.s2000.club/

^^^^ GOOD STUFF in that link!!!
Old 08-17-2018, 04:46 AM

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks brother!
Old 08-17-2018, 04:50 AM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

I hope you get the opportunity to get it back. Can’t imagine how you felt getting that phone call.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:43 AM

Bump for update
Old 09-22-2018, 08:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They still actually go after these cars?! Most of them probably have high mileage drivetrains and worn out/cracked seats that have been farted on repeatedly for over a decade.

Quick Reply: Car stolen in front of apartment.....