Cops are everywhere! Be careful out there! - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Cops are everywhere! Be careful out there!

Old 06-17-2017, 01:42 PM

Default Cops are everywhere! Be careful out there!

So I had the misfortune of getting another high speed ticket yesterday on the GCP. These ****ers are everywhere. It's out of control. This particular highway asshole has me take a breathalyzer. Mind you I was completely sober and after him giving me the interrogation in which I was being honest as to why I was speeding he comes back and tell me to blow. (I was testing out my friend's new M2 and told the cop as such). I feel so violated but at least he didn't make me get on my knees to blow.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:26 PM

"So I had the misfortune of getting another high speed ticket yesterday on the GCP" -- and it's the cop's fault?

Not sure why you're not paying attention "out there" nor why you engaged is a discussion on your illegal speed.

-- Chuck
Old 06-17-2017, 07:02 PM

You got another high speed ticket. They are not out of control. You are.
Whenever I speed I know that I'm performing an illegal and dangerous act; through the eyes of the law endangering the public. I accept the consequences should I get caught. I have my Waze on to give me Police warnings and I don't like speeding in areas I don't know. I'm constantly scanning my rear view mirrors. Even with that the new patrol cars are hard to spot. No more big red light on top. They have a clear low profile light that's extremely hard to see mounted on his white top as he runs up behind you clocking your speed.
Yeah, yeah I know but "Testing" is not a valid excuse for speed. Also to get up any speed on GCP "safely" it needs to be empty. Even at that, once you test to the speed limit your car is good enough for the street. Reasoning is off that's why he made you blow in the tube!
Was this in the early morning or late evening hours? like inside of party hours? over the weekend? All of these are prime pullover times when people are apt to be driving drunk. Zigzagging in and out of traffic will certainly peg you out for a pullover.
In the last year or two the NY State Troopers have opened a headquarters on Wards Island. Over time I have noticed that they expanded their patrols beginning at the Triboro bridge then I started to see them further down the GCP outside the airport. Heck I've even seen them now rolling down Union Tpke and Merrick Blvd. In addition the "Vision Zero" initiative highlights speed enforcement. So yeah there are more of them out there doing speed enforcement.
Lastly if you have the need for speed there are several track events posted on S2ki. You should check it out. I know you already do the kart thing. The price of a couple of speeding tickets and assessments, insurance increase, legal fees, etc. would cover a couple of track days
Drive safely and Happy motoring

Last edited by Langelo DeMysterioso; 06-17-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:11 AM

Thank mom and dad but vision zero is really zero vision. I don't blame the goosestepping cop because he's just a dumb pig following his bosses directive. Give out tickets and harrass motorists. Feel free to disagree. Just one more question because this post was really meant to be a simple rant and warning to others about the obscene additional police presence on NYC roads ... Is the mission of law enforcement to be traffic enforcement meter maids or police officers patrolling for crime prevention? Discuss amongst yourselves.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:02 AM

What did you do to insure you didnt get caught?

Did you have waze?
Did you go down the road once before making a test hit?
Did you have a radar detector?
Did you blow past a known hideout?
Did you have a rabbit or scout car?
Did you have a laser jammer?
Did you have veil?

Lots of ways to speed and not get caught, sounds like you didn't do your hw. Don't hate the game, be a better player.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:46 AM

this is going nowhere, yo king taco delete this stupid shit
Old 06-18-2017, 01:57 PM

Look for sympathy elsewhere. I just pay the ticket(s) and move on. But I rarely get them as I pay attention to conditions.

The job of all police is to arrest those breaking the law. Pretty simple. They have no statutory duty to either protect or serve despite the snappy slogan on theirs. Their job is not to prevent crime but to arrest criminals. Exceed the speed limit and the police notice? Expect to be stopped. Pretty simple.

-- Chuck
Old 06-18-2017, 04:54 PM

It's pretty simple. Don't break the law or don't get caught. Don't blame the police for your illegal actions.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:30 PM

Crime prevention starts by stopping law breakers and questioning them. Lots of shit gets uncovered beginning with a simple traffic stop for a minor traffic offense.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:10 AM

Traffic stops are a gold mine. No headlight or taillight and the cop smells weed? Guess what's going to happen. Speed, no turn signal, etc. Reasonable reason to stop you.

-- Chuck