S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/)
-   -   Death in the NY s2k metro family (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/death-ny-s2k-metro-family-1122708/)

speakeasy2009 05-09-2015 05:09 AM

Death in the NY s2k metro family

Hi all,

Not sure if any of you knew Nick Hamann whose username here was it'S2klean has passed away. Nick was a young guy from Greewich Ct who was on many of our Bear Mt drives. I do not know the nature of his passing as of yet, im waiting to hear back from a friend on the cause of death.

Nick had one of the cleanest GPW on the planet. Such a nice kid, only in his early 20's.

DATE, TIME AND PLACE OF MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR NICK HAMANN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ON MAY 22nd, 2015 AT 2:20PM THE MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR NICK HAMANN WILL BE HELD AT 1ST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH OF GREENWICH AT 108 SOUND BEACH AVENUE IN OLD GREENWICH (ACROSS FROM BINNEY PARK)
A RECEPTION TO CELEBRATE HIS LIFE WILL FOLLOW.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/...pshqk8wmva.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/...psxd7hsoip.jpg

RIP Nick ! You were a great guy and will be missed!!!

freq 05-09-2015 05:44 AM

Never met him but he was an S2000 owner, with that, RIP Nick.

8.5kallday 05-09-2015 05:46 AM

Wow what a shame. He was a pretty nice kid the couple times I hung out w him at 234. I'm sure he will be missed by many.... rip my brother..

Rosie

speakeasy2009 05-09-2015 06:24 AM

I happened to run into him one day at a gas station. i pulled in with my NFR and he was on the other side of the pump with his GPW. Back then he didnt know about the Bear Mt drive and a few weeks later he met me at the same gas station and he went on his first drive with all of us. He was such a nice kid...

mndthegap1 05-09-2015 07:13 AM

taken from us way to early.... I had Nick at my house (234) numerous times along with his buddy Chris, We texted each other alot in search of car parts lol, I sent him a jdm intake, that crazy carbon fiber puzzle piece for the engine bay, and those vsx-x's you see in the pic above, He is a great kid, always smiling and cracking jokes, I just spoke with him a couple of weeks ago, He was all excited about starting his car resto side biz. I was texting nick about a thousand times to invite him to my house for the big fight, and he never responded which was weird, then I found out about this tragedy thru Ed, I almost dropped to the floor, I'm still in shock, I tried reaching out to his father but didn't receive any response back, I know hes still grieving the lost of his child, A moment of silence for our lost brother Nick... R.I.P my dear friend you'll be missed.........

- Tony

speakeasy2009 05-09-2015 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by mndthegap1 (Post 23607019)
taken from us way to early.... I had Nick at my house (234) numerous times along with his buddy Chris, We texted each other alot in search of car parts lol, I sent him a jdm intake, that crazy carbon fiber puzzle piece for the engine bay, and those vsx-x's you see in the pic above, He is a great kid, always smiling and cracking jokes, I just spoke with him a couple of weeks ago, He was all excited about starting his car resto side biz. I was texting nick about a thousand times to invite him to my house for the big fight, and he never responded which was weird, then I found out about this tragedy thru Ed, I almost dropped to the floor, I'm still in shock, I tried reaching out to his father but didn't receive any response back, I know hes still grieving the lost of his child, A moment of silence for our lost brother Nick... R.I.P my dear friend you'll be missed.........

- Tony

He sent me a txt recently that he was moving to CA, and i meant to respond and forgot. I feel bad now, i wish i had. Just a lesson that you never know when someone can just be gone like that. I hear his dad is going to keep his s2k...which is good to hear. Ill def be driving my S to the memorial..

2ks2knyc 05-09-2015 10:35 AM

I spoke to Nick via PM since I moved south and he moved north and we joked about the moves and filing in GPW cars in each location. We missed each other were we lived but became part of 234 family. RIP Nick. Way to early and a tremendous shame to die so young.

I recently lost another newly found friend down here that was part of my football crew. Life is not only precious but unpredictable. I will not only say a prayer for my recently departed bros but also for the ones that are still among us being great friends. Love, peace and engine grease to all my Metro and 234 family.

BeeB 05-09-2015 10:40 AM

May he rest in peace. My condolence to his family

MrKlean187 05-09-2015 03:31 PM

Im sad to see this! I originally saw something on facebook about Nick and recognized the name from previous transactions I made with him through the classifieds and when I was able to link Nick to Its2klean! It really brings it home how close the S2k has brought me to some of the members on here, regardless, of distance between!
RIP, Nick!

EJ86 05-09-2015 05:13 PM

I met him once at Octobers bear mountain drive, he's the one who actually told me about the drive to begin with on FB. We texted and bs'd all the time after that, my buddy was actually waiting for him to return from cali to buy an intake from him... then we saw the news on FB. RIP buddy. I will be there at the memorial with my s2k.

speakeasy2009 05-09-2015 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by EJ86 (Post 23607378)
I met him once at Octobers bear mountain drive, he's the one who actually told me about the drive to begin with on FB. We texted and bs'd all the time after that, my buddy was actually waiting for him to return from cali to buy an intake from him... then we saw the news on FB. RIP buddy. I will be there at the memorial with my s2k.

All of us with s2k's are all gonna try to arrive together from the talk on his FB page. As the date for the memorial gets close ill post a thread here to see if we can all make it happen. Its at 2PM on a Friday so i hope people can leave work early that day. I already plan to take half a day off.

S2LEGEND 05-10-2015 06:08 AM

im sure I met him as I recognize the screen name. also saw it on facebook. condolences to the family and all his friends here.

Dens2k152mph 05-10-2015 06:43 AM

Very sad, condolences to his family. And may he RIP

nibble 05-10-2015 09:16 AM

I'm so sorry to hear. Although I never met him, my condolences to his loved ones and RIP.

S2KNJ 05-11-2015 04:14 AM

Sorry to hear... Terrible loss for anyone so young to be taken his family and friends.

iamxpl 05-11-2015 04:53 AM

what a tragedy. may he rest in peace and condolences to his family and friends.

iamxpl 05-11-2015 04:55 AM

I will pin this on the Metro section until the date of the service.

516S2K 05-11-2015 05:36 AM

Very Sorry to hear, deepest condolences to his family and friends, RIP Nick...

eastonh477 05-11-2015 09:37 AM

wow i cant believe that he was a such a nice kid, i sold him a bunch of stuff and he would always text me random to talk. any update on what happened

myclue 05-12-2015 05:43 AM

Sorry to hear. RIP.

speakeasy2009 05-18-2015 05:53 AM

Here is the obit guys..

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gre...&pid=174874685

JulieU 05-18-2015 06:40 AM

it'S2klean has been granted an honorary membership. If someone who was close to him would like to write something about him for the home page, we would be happy to publish it, with his family's approval of course.

eolife22 08-05-2015 05:01 PM

was a facebook friend and we had a common interest which was the s2000, seemed like a cool guy , didnt really know him , rip Nick , gone too soon

DanZilla 03-15-2016 04:41 PM

Finally back on S2ki, sad to see that he passed.