New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

The first annual S2000 Takeover at NYST! (SOLD OUT)

Old 01-19-2018, 03:28 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Uodated!
Originally Posted by 2NDW1FE
Payment Sent!! Finally sent it in after unsuccessfully searching for "discount code BradLee" but finally got a hit on "discount code bradLey"
haha BradleetheMachine

1. freq
2. Blursian
3. Billman250
4. SkilledS2000
5. kgregg
6. Christian_S2k
7. jlozano180
8. Lawrenceh
9. Mrhwin
10. pdpboss01
11. Mr_Pagan
12. S2KNJ
13. Tdoolin18
14. Mig233
15. s2kthekiller
16. Topplayer
17. blueosprey90
18. 2NDW1FE
Old 01-22-2018, 05:44 PM

Updated!

1. freq
2. Blursian
3. Billman250
4. SkilledS2000
5. kgregg
6. Christian_S2k
7. jlozano180
8. Lawrenceh
9. Mrhwin
10. pdpboss01
11. Mr_Pagan
12. S2KNJ
13. Tdoolin18
14. Mig233
15. s2kthekiller
16. Topplayer
17. blueosprey90
18. 2NDW1FE
19. ludeboi
Old 01-27-2018, 03:54 AM

1. freq
2. Blursian
3. Billman250
4. SkilledS2000
5. kgregg
6. Christian_S2k
7. jlozano180
8. Lawrenceh
9. Mrhwin
10. pdpboss01
11. Mr_Pagan
12. S2KNJ
13. Tdoolin18
14. Mig233
15. s2kthekiller
16. Topplayer
17. blueosprey90
18. 2NDW1FE
19. ludeboi
20. S2Krispy

almost half way there!
Old 01-28-2018, 09:23 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

For any first timers sitting on the fence, I share nofearofdanger's first track day report.

Everyone who has the opportunity to get out on the track should do so. I'll attempt to tell you why...

As someone who has always driven in a spirited manner on the twisties, my local track (by local, I mean 2 and a half hours away) was having an open day. Anybody in any car could attend, so long as it was in good shape. After repeated accounts on how good it is to get out, I took the plunge. I'll tell you now, no matter how hard you drive through mountain roads, this is a completely different experience all together. You approach it with a different attitude. There's no pressing thought in the back of your mind of flashing police lights dancing on the mirror behind you because you've exceeded the posted speed limit. No apprehension, no nervousness of the prospect of highway patrol waiting in the median or on the side of the road with his laser gun out, ready to impound your car and break your wallet.

That being said, it's not just the driving, it's everything else that comes along with it. Going up with a group of your friends who all share the same love for motorsport and cars. The new friends you make up there. The sound of cars with tuned exhausts and intakes screaming down the main straight. The smell of burnt petrol, meandering through the air and tickling the nose with a sense of great familiarity. The sight of cars attacking corners like there's no tomorrow. It really is, like nothing else out there. The laughter, the foolishness the enthusiasm, the passion. It all comes together to give you an unexplainable feeling. The warm fuzzy feeling at the back of your pants that James May so often mentions. It's a petrol-head's sensory delight. How I envy those who are fortunate and talented enough to work professionally within the industry. For those of us who are hardcore enough, it would be utopia.

6000, 7000, 8000, 9000rpm into third, VTEC singing like an angry demon, brake hard, the nose of the car dips as the mass transfers onto the front axle and my neck resists against the longitudinal g-forces. Enter the corner, look for the apex. Turn hard. Clip it. Lateral g-forces generated by my Direzzas push and pull on my entire body. Slowly ease on the gas as corner exit, then wide open as the car is pointing forwards. An assault on your physical and mental stamina, but in the most glorious of ways. When you're on the track, nothing else matters. You don't have to clock an amazing time. You don't have to be modified. You can be a professional or a first timer. All of life's problems seem to wither away into nothingness. The magic occurs when everything amalgamates together into something beyond physical or mental experience. The track allows the car and driver to unite into one, more than you could on the street. It allows you to push that crucial 10% harder. It is worlds apart from street driving. It stirs the soul, deeply, just like Soichiro intended. At the end of the day, you have little to show for what you have just experienced. You're tired as hell, your tires are cooked, your brakes are worn, and countless litres of petrol have been burned but nothing in the world can wipe that smile off your face.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
For any first timers sitting on the fence, I share nofearofdanger's first track day report.

Everyone who has the opportunity to get out on the track should do so. I'll attempt to tell you why...

As someone who has always driven in a spirited manner on the twisties, my local track (by local, I mean 2 and a half hours away) was having an open day. Anybody in any car could attend, so long as it was in good shape. After repeated accounts on how good it is to get out, I took the plunge. I'll tell you now, no matter how hard you drive through mountain roads, this is a completely different experience all together. You approach it with a different attitude. There's no pressing thought in the back of your mind of flashing police lights dancing on the mirror behind you because you've exceeded the posted speed limit. No apprehension, no nervousness of the prospect of highway patrol waiting in the median or on the side of the road with his laser gun out, ready to impound your car and break your wallet.

That being said, it's not just the driving, it's everything else that comes along with it. Going up with a group of your friends who all share the same love for motorsport and cars. The new friends you make up there. The sound of cars with tuned exhausts and intakes screaming down the main straight. The smell of burnt petrol, meandering through the air and tickling the nose with a sense of great familiarity. The sight of cars attacking corners like there's no tomorrow. It really is, like nothing else out there. The laughter, the foolishness the enthusiasm, the passion. It all comes together to give you an unexplainable feeling. The warm fuzzy feeling at the back of your pants that James May so often mentions. It's a petrol-head's sensory delight. How I envy those who are fortunate and talented enough to work professionally within the industry. For those of us who are hardcore enough, it would be utopia.

6000, 7000, 8000, 9000rpm into third, VTEC singing like an angry demon, brake hard, the nose of the car dips as the mass transfers onto the front axle and my neck resists against the longitudinal g-forces. Enter the corner, look for the apex. Turn hard. Clip it. Lateral g-forces generated by my Direzzas push and pull on my entire body. Slowly ease on the gas as corner exit, then wide open as the car is pointing forwards. An assault on your physical and mental stamina, but in the most glorious of ways. When you're on the track, nothing else matters. You don't have to clock an amazing time. You don't have to be modified. You can be a professional or a first timer. All of life's problems seem to wither away into nothingness. The magic occurs when everything amalgamates together into something beyond physical or mental experience. The track allows the car and driver to unite into one, more than you could on the street. It allows you to push that crucial 10% harder. It is worlds apart from street driving. It stirs the soul, deeply, just like Soichiro intended. At the end of the day, you have little to show for what you have just experienced. You're tired as hell, your tires are cooked, your brakes are worn, and countless litres of petrol have been burned but nothing in the world can wipe that smile off your face.
Loved reading this!!

Bradthemachine
1. freq
2. Blursian
3. Billman250
4. SkilledS2000
5. kgregg
6. Christian_S2k
7. jlozano180
8. Lawrenceh
9. Mrhwin
10. pdpboss01
11. Mr_Pagan
12. S2KNJ
13. Tdoolin18
14. Mig233
15. s2kthekiller
16. Topplayer
17. blueosprey90
18. 2NDW1FE
19. ludeboi
20. S2Krispy
21. DHonovich
Old 01-29-2018, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one in September was my first track day, with that said it was an awesome time and the track teaches you a lot about your car. I'll be sending payment shortly for the event in May. Heres an edit from the one last september:

Old 01-29-2018, 06:02 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Nice video Naus. Must have taken hours to put together.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by NAUS
The one in September was my first track day, with that said it was an awesome time and the track teaches you a lot about your car. I'll be sending payment shortly for the event in May. Heres an edit from the one last september:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy5E...1mQJDtKzQ4PnV6
Glad you will be attending again! Send in payment & shirt size when you get a chance!
Old 02-02-2018, 01:56 AM

Bradthemachine
1. freq
2. Blursian
3. Billman250
4. SkilledS2000
5. kgregg
6. Christian_S2k
7. jlozano180
8. Lawrenceh
9. Mrhwin
10. pdpboss01
11. Mr_Pagan
12. S2KNJ
13. Tdoolin18
14. Mig233
15. s2kthekiller
16. Topplayer
17. blueosprey90
18. 2NDW1FE
19. ludeboi
20. S2Krispy
21. DHonovich
22. cleenyc99

updated!
Old 02-03-2018, 02:52 AM

Pictures are back! Keep those registrations coming!

Quick Reply: The first annual S2000 Takeover at NYST! (SOLD OUT)