New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Front Licenses Plate

Old 10-31-2001, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Triple-H

That plate MOD seems like a good idea. Do you have a pic of your plate?
Old 10-31-2001, 11:59 AM

Actually, of my 1.5 years of ownership, 1.25 years WAS LIVING IN NY... I lived in Schenectady NY with no front plate and was never pulled over. Living in NJ now, I still have not been pulled over. I have even had long conversations with officers while they circled my car over and over and never mentioned the front plate missing...
Old 10-31-2001, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry no pics of the Triple-H plate, I'll see what I can do this weekend. In the meantime here is the best I can do.

All I did was fold over the top and bottom of the plate in a vice so it was 2 layers thick and then drilled new holes top and bottom.

I took the metal plate frame and cut the correct amount out of the sides so it fit the new plate size. Making sure it is a plate frame that has 4 boltholes, 2 top and 2 bottom.

I got two flat pieces of aluminum stock about 1" wide and cut them to the height of the new plate. Then I drilled them with three holes each. The top hole is for the top of the plate, the middle hole attaches the aluminum to the bumper and the third hole is for the bottom of the plate.

The two aluminum brackets first get attached to the bumper and then the plate and the plate frame are attached to it with bolts top and bottom.

Sorry if this is confusing. I will take a picture this weekend, scan it at work on Monday and then beg for someone to help me post my first pic.
Old 11-01-2001, 05:14 AM

Live out on LI ... 1st thing I did when I got the car home was remove the front plate.

In 16 years of driving I have never had the front plate on ANY of my cars. I have NEVER received a ticket for it however when I was youger I did receive one or two warnings from Police when I had been pulled over ALLREADY for speeding.

The discision is all yours ....
Old 11-01-2001, 06:27 AM

Michael,

Off Topic: Uh, hum... WHY DID YOU SELL THE 300ZX?!?

Okay, I'm finished venting.

Three cars I would love to get my hands on (and keep my S2000 + Focus): a low mile, pampered, mint: Toyota Supra TT, 300ZX TT, and a VW Corrado SLC
Old 11-01-2001, 06:52 AM

Received 564 Likes on 507 Posts

I'd take any of those choices Shaner. I used to have the Corrado but it was stolen and never recovered.
Old 11-01-2001, 06:53 AM

Off Topic: Uh, hum... WHY DID YOU SELL THE 300ZX?!?
The car was almost 8 years old and had 85K miles on it. It needed new (2) O2 sensors and a new detonation senor which the dealer was going to charge me over $1000 to fix these SMALL problems. If the Turbos ever needed replacing, which is common around 100k miles I am sure It would easily cost $3k+. I coud'nt see dumping thousands of dollars into a car that is 8 years old and only worth around $15k-$16k.

The Nissan dealers, are pretty horrible around here, actaully almost ALL dealers are pretty horribile, excpet our Acura dealer.
I just did'nt have the time or patience to deal with these issues.

I must say I do miss it .... I am starting to believe that it was far superior to the S2000 in every respect except maybe all out handling capabilities. However the high handling capabilites of the S2000 come at a severe negative in a harsh ride that in my opinion is almost too harsh. The 300zxTT was like a limo in ride comfort compared to the S2000.

The Z was so much fun to drive because at anything less than 20 mph you could smoke the tires WITHOUT dropping/sidestepping the clutch ...... the car had alot of low/mid rpm torque that would easily pin you to the seat. I didnt realize this until the day I utlimately sold it when I sat in the passenger seat and the buyer drove the car hard...real hard.

BTW ... I got my S2000 up to 122 mph this morning with obviously alot more to go ..... yaaawhoo

Old 11-01-2001, 03:22 PM

Michael,

Thank you for sharing the memory... I hope you only have good memories of your S2000!
Old 11-02-2001, 02:23 PM

I had my plate off all the time on my gti Vr6.. But I just got tiried of being hasseled by the local PD
Old 11-04-2001, 08:57 AM

Shaner, I wanna ask you something, Hopefully you won't mind...First, did you install the comptec SC your self? is that an easy installation? Second, do I need to use stock header in case to run SC, or any other header will do? Third, does it matter if you use Spoon exhaust or Mugen? Fourth, after I put the Spoon fly wheel/clutch/pressure plate in to the car, what else I need to make SC running good on S2K?

Have you ever experience any bad thing with your SC?

Derrick

Quick Reply: Front Licenses Plate