New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Getting a Vortech SC kit on wednesday

Old 11-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Getting a Vortech SC kit on wednesday

So I just spoke with someone in Suffolk County and I am buying his used Vortech SC kit from him on Wednesday.
I am getting it for a steal at $1500 shipped to FL.
It is missing some parts however.
It needs: belts, oil lines, vacuum hoses, fuel pump, tensioner screw and couplers/clamps but I don't see those costing too much money really.
Does anyone live near Holbrook LI?
He said someone could check it out and I would paypal someone a few bucks if they could check it out in the next day or two. If not I will just go ahead and buy it anyways but would be nice if someone with a trained eye on superchargers could peep it first.

Here is his listing from ebay that says what is missing from the kit

Known items needed: Belt tensioner screw is broken. Silicone sleeves and O ring clamps to protect from air leak. Installation manual. Fuel pressure regulator (will include FMU 12:1) . Racing fuel pump. Braided hose for oil, and return oil hose, and oil pan return plug will be included but I do not have the drill bit (use the comptech one it returns into the oil pan bolt and no taping of the oil pan is required, or get the vortech return, but you need to drop the oil pan). supercharger belt, some bolts may be missing, vacuume hoses, as I am not sure exactly what was on the kit since it has been a few years, and necessary tools to do the job. Also the kit does not have the "vortech" Air intake. I made a custom one out of a cold air intake. I will be including a new in the box cold air intake that can be used to make a custom intake of your own.

Can't wait for boost!!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your going to be so addicted
Old 11-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Hahah I know. I can't wait. Stock boost till I replace my clutch though and I need to also get my oil jet bolts or whatever replaced since I have an '01 I guess first. Might take some time to find all the missing parts but even if it costs me $500 for them all I would get an aftercooled vortech kit for $2000 complete.
Seems like a sweet deal to me!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vortec-vort...sQ5fAccessories

Theres the listing. Has some pics of what is included. Hopefully won't run into issues finding some of the needed parts. Luckily all the main components are intact and I think it is a V2 sc kit as it says QV2 on it..
Old 11-15-2009, 04:10 PM

Stock boost lasted me one day then I wanted more lol, Now im working on it hopefully by spring. You going to do the install your self?
Old 11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Former Sponsor

I will see about the install. I might give it a try. Not working now so can live without a car for a little while lol.
Gonna see if I can find assistance around here or maybe just drive back to NY instead of flying for the holidays and do the install there.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Oh also. Can I replace the clutch later on down the road without removing the sc? Or would it all have to be pulled to do the clutch job? Or is that just for turbo's or what?
Old 11-15-2009, 04:28 PM

99% you have to take the s/c out to do the clutch
Old 11-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Ah damn thats annoying. But I guess a lot of the pain of the install will be the fuel pump and I guess I could leave some other stuff connected and all.
Stock clutch is fine now but as far as I know it is the first one and my car has 118k or so no on it.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey do you have a ct or vtsc I don't remember?

Quick Reply: Getting a Vortech SC kit on wednesday