New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

got a new S2000 GPW 2007 and ihave some questions.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a new S2000 GPW 2007 and ihave some questions.

hi to everyone. i just bought a new GPW 2007 S2000. i need some advice from you guys.

1. i want to paint the lining of the windshield with white, do you know how much it will cost me and do you have any recommended shops? i live in queens.

2. i want to lower the car but still have the same ride like the stock, what should i get? if springs or coilover, what brand?

3. where i park the car is not indoor, what would you recommend? car cover or leave it like that?

4. is the only way to clean the car is by hand wash?

im sure i will get good answers. thank you in advance. i will try to go to the meetings sometime soon.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:30 PM

1. Let me be the first to tell you, the lining on the windshield is simply black tape. If you are careful, you can remove it without leaving any residue. Take caution, however, as there may be paint/surface imperfections underneath. Do a search here for "windshield tape" and you'll be surprised how much info will pop up.

2. There are way too many choices (and opinions) on this issue. I would again recommend a search to find your answer. How much do you want to spend? What do you plan to do with the car?

3. If you have no other choice, I still wouldn't put a car cover on it unless I'm leaving it there for extended periods of time. Just take care to park it away from where people can ding your doors (against a curb, etc).

4. I would only recommend a hand wash. Most people here will agree. It is a pain, and takes a long time, but in the end the result will be much better.

EDIT: Oh, and congrats on getting the fastest color combination. Yep, I had to be the first to say it.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

not much experience with the suspension/parking questions.... but i did remove my black tape. love the way it looks, but a pain in the a@@. Almost regret it, as there was a lot of VERY tough residue, but my car is also 4 years older than yours, so you may not have it as bad as i did.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:17 PM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always wash the car by hand. It's so small that it shouldnt take that much time.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:19 PM

From wat i've researched... Tein Comfort Sport or Bilstein PSS9 coilovers would be your 2 choices....

Both enable you to lower your car (dont forget to do an alignment after) and both have spring rates not much stiffer than stock.

Tein is base on the 00-01 S2000 which has stiffer springs in the rear that might have more of than oversteer affect
Bilstein is closer to that of the newer S2000 04-07

Both cost in the ballpark of $1350 check out the vendors over at the marketplace forums.

AND to handwash your car you need to learn and have the stuff to wash your car with better than what the local car wash will do or else theres no point in it. Check out the wash and wax forums for tips.

sorry for the long post! Welcome aboard!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

the "S" has a really steep windshield, the black tape makes it less noticeable... $.02
Old 07-09-2007, 07:30 PM

I cant believe how many GPW's are out for 2007. must be the color of the year for the s2000.

Welcome aboard!

If you cover the car INDOOR make sure its an OE Honda s2000 car cover (that means from HONDA) and there is NO DUST, 100% clean, otherwise kiss your brand new paintjob goodbye.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by jayjaydlc,Jul 9 2007, 07:14 PM
hi to everyone. i just bought a new GPW 2007 S2000. i need some advice from you guys.

1. i want to paint the lining of the windshield with white, do you know how much it will cost me and do you have any recommended shops? i live in queens.

2. i want to lower the car but still have the same ride like the stock, what should i get? if springs or coilover, what brand?

3. where i park the car is not indoor, what would you recommend? car cover or leave it like that?

4. is the only way to clean the car is by hand wash?

im sure i will get good answers. thank you in advance. i will try to go to the meetings sometime soon.
Just my $.02, but I would not recommend coil overs to anyone who is not tracking their car. Reason being, are you ever going to reset the suspension setup in your car once it's set? If the answer is "yes, I plan to set it up for every track I go to and want to corner balance it", then I would say go for it. However if the answer is "not really, or no", then you would be wasting your money in my opinion. What a lot of the guys who I have recently spoken to are running for lowering is the Eibach Pro kit (springs) which would give you about an inch drop.

Good luck with things, and congrats on the new car!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:56 AM

OR IF U WANNA BE A LIL LOWER..GET ESPILAR..
Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 PM

thanks for the replies! i have another question. regarding the insurance, im thinking of having a liability insurance only which is $320/6months vs comprehensive with collision for $950/6months. difference of $600/6months. i only use the car every weekend. i get the car from my fathers house saturday morning and bring it back sunday evening. that means i have to park the car saturday night on the street of manhattan where i live. im thinking of parking it in the valet parking every saturday night. the rest of the week, its in the garage of my fathers house. do you think its ok to have a liability insurance and put a lojack in the car?

Quick Reply: got a new S2000 GPW 2007 and ihave some questions.