New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

help me pick another car

Old 11-08-2009, 05:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gofast182,Nov 5 2009, 07:24 PM
Sorry but you're wrong. First torque vectoring is a function on transferring torque from left to right not just front to back. Honda's RealTime AWD/VTM-4 (which is merely average) is NOT what Acura uses. The Acura system can not only transfer 100% of the torque being sent to the rear either left or right, it can overdrive the outside wheel by 5% to power you through a corner. Honda and Acura are completely different systems and technology. While Acura doesn't do a good job of marketing it, SH-AWD has been highly praised by the automotive press for its performance during aggressive driving.

As for Subaru, their system is brilliant in its robustness and simplicity but I don't think it actually transfers power left to right and it definitely doesn't overdrive any wheel.
That's why I said I "believe" they were the same, but I was unsure, so my apologies.

As far as the Subaru system... did you watch the whole video that I posted? They have a part in there where they subject a Legacy to having 3 wheels on ice and only one with traction and the Legacy pulls right ahead, while others do not. The system is capable of transferring full power to one wheel.

Andre
Old 11-08-2009, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by devs2k,Nov 5 2009, 06:19 PM
Andre, that was a great video!
Yeah... when I saw that video, it really opened my eyes a lot. I always thought that most of the AWD system out there worked somewhat the same, just called different names, but after watching this, it completely changed my thoughts about AWD systems.

Andre
Old 11-08-2009, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by josserman,Nov 7 2009, 04:48 PM
That is a great looking car!!!!... wish I had a new Subaru... lol.

Even though you have AWD, you have to remember that without a GREAT set of All-Seasons or without a decent set of snow/winter tires, this can happen to you...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzfZuOTRBD4 [/media]

Andre
Old 11-08-2009, 07:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Nov 8 2009, 06:24 AM
That's why I said I "believe" they were the same, but I was unsure, so my apologies.

As far as the Subaru system... did you watch the whole video that I posted? They have a part in there where they subject a Legacy to having 3 wheels on ice and only one with traction and the Legacy pulls right ahead, while others do not. The system is capable of transferring full power to one wheel.

Andre
That's OK, I just didn't want to see him discount a great choice due to [unintentional] misinformation.

Yes, I stand corrected on Subaru. The newer versions of their system can transfer power to a single wheel while a few years ago I don't think that was the case. In the same demo, Acura's SH-AWD would climb with only one rear wheel having traction however the front torque distribution in the Acura system is always equal so it might not climb with only one front wheel having traction.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a gay thread.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by TriaXenginE,Nov 9 2009, 12:56 AM
what a gay thread.
Not sure what your problem is......I'm really grateful for all the responses that I got, they helped lead me to get this sweet 2nd car.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:12 AM

yah dude the body roll in my a4 is really bad. lol. especially compared to how tight my 330xi was. the 2.0 chipped is a crap load of fun though.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM

yea I was actually supprissed with how much less roll my wrx has then my old a4 It is amazing how BMW is able to also achieve so much less roll then audi
Old 11-10-2009, 01:18 PM

Congrats on the WRX and OBP FTW lol. Lot's of acronyms FTW too! I just picked up an 08 myself. You're starting from a better point than I, but I'm thinking springs/sways and Stage 2 should really transform the car for me. Then maybe upgrade to the 09 turbo and a bigger TMIC. Any plans for yours?
Old 11-10-2009, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by slates74,Nov 10 2009, 06:18 PM
Congrats on the WRX and OBP FTW lol. Lot's of acronyms FTW too! I just picked up an 08 myself. You're starting from a better point than I, but I'm thinking springs/sways and Stage 2 should really transform the car for me. Then maybe upgrade to the 09 turbo and a bigger TMIC. Any plans for yours?
damn nice man congratts on your too!! I just took my off road on a dirt road turned off traction control...and did some nice counter steering dirt drifting man what a blast....oh yea and thats with the wife in the car ....it's pretty funny she just went through my whole s2k boost project and I guess she didn't realize the wrx had a turbo...I started talking about it on our ride home and she was like WAIT...this car has a turbo...you bastard !!! but it's all good it was kinda funny.

anyhow what is OBP?

as far as upgrades...i'm leasing so I may not do anything but then again I am kinda tempted to do a stage 2 upgrade....actually I already talked to efilogics today . I may do some suspension but I want to keep the car kinda soft so I can have more of a smoother ride as it's my dd now and I have my boosted s2k as my fun car ....but time will tell. Oh yea and some ICE work for sure dd gps hu potential amp and speakers oh yea and tints!!!

so yea no mods right !