S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/)
-   -   "I used to not be a racist..." (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/i-used-not-racist-476691/)

CalBear 04-01-2007 11:02 AM

"I used to not be a racist..."

So this has been a strange weekend. Someone offered to sell me his Rolex yesterday and today, I was surprised by what I saw at a bus stop.

I got out of my apt and was waiting for the M96 crosstown. I saw this guy talking to three different people behind the bus stop. He looked well-dressed so I thought maybe he was trying to hustle comedy tkts like I've seen others doing. He talked to a lady and got nowhere. The lady came and stood next to me at the bus stop...

"You know, I have no sympathy for these people" she said.

"I used to not be a raicst but now I say they can go to hell. I went to Harlem to take some computer classes and they treated me so badly now I say screw them, every single one of them"

My jaw dropped because, well, I'm Asian and any "racist" probably shouldn't be talking to me about hating minorities, but I was stuck in this conversation for another few minutes.

She went on to say "I don't even feel sorry for those single mothers with kids". I said "well, the kids are innocent. The parents may be deadbeats but.." She cut me off and said "I'm from Israel and I am afraid of nothing. They can go to hell".

Wow. So, I understand that you don't have to give some bum (well-dressed bum for that matter) your money but the amount of hate coming from that woman was, wow.

Like they say, "only in NY".

S2kMarkus 04-01-2007 06:49 PM

basically, people dont know when to shut up.

S2KNJ 04-02-2007 04:02 AM

I'm only racisit against stupid people... that said they come in all colors and all walks of life.

Also can't stand people that have kids and can't afford to raise them correctly like it's some kind of right they have and if they can't afford them the goverment steps in.

I'd like to have a Ferrari but i can't afford one, think i can get one anyway and maybe have the goverment Subsidize?

sorry it's Monday haven't had my coffee yet.

NFRs2000NYC 04-02-2007 06:52 AM

Everyone is a racist, and IMHO, she has a point. I dont want to discuss it here, since it belongs in politics, I personally, dont disagree from her statement all that much...just the "every single one of them" I dont agree with.

Ducmann996 04-02-2007 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Apr 2 2007, 09:52 AM
Everyone is a racist, and IMHO,

I couldn't agree more. Not to beat a dead horse but I think everyone has some degree of racism in them. Just my 2 cents.

bobbyb 04-02-2007 07:02 AM

If she is from Israel and afraid of nothing then why is she here!!? Also her country is very dependent on the tax dollars taken from blacks ,Asians ,and everyone else to support a country she left .

NFRs2000NYC 04-02-2007 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by bobbyb,Apr 2 2007, 10:02 AM
If she is from Israel and afraid of nothing then why is she here!!? Also her country is very dependent on the tax dollars taken from blacks ,Asians ,and everyone else to support a country she left .

Be that as it may, I dont think it negates certain aspects of reality.

TrackStar 04-02-2007 07:58 AM

Maybe if our politicians recouped some of the trillions we gave to Israel we could support some of these single mothers so they could properly raise their kids?

milkbubble 04-02-2007 08:02 AM

When I used to live down south I made many friends with many of your typical rebel flag redneck and even one person who used to be into the KKK. I dont know why they accepted me. I guess its because i had a big GMC before I bought the S2k.

05YellowEVO8 04-02-2007 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by TrackStar,Apr 2 2007, 10:58 AM
Maybe if our politicians recouped some of the trillions we gave to Israel we could support some of these single mothers so they could properly raise their kids?

That'll never happen because nearly every governmental agency in the US is run by Jews....

I have nothing racist against jewish people, but pretty much they own the USA