New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Keeping Your S2000 Safe at Night

Old 12-15-2014, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garage / Storage PERIOD. Dont even bother owning a s2000 if you dont have proper storage. I live in a really nice part of LI, not known for crime, but even I have gone crazy with security and alarms even on my garage.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:38 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

my s2k was parked in a driveway for the first 6 yrs of ownership and i never had a problem. i drive to malls, movies, nyc, etc and never had a problem. it has been garaged the past 2 yrs. i have an alarm and seat locks. also, i have full coverage. it's the only way to have a guarantee that you wont lose everything if it's stolen. the key to honda ownership is to be smart about it. don't buy $20k worth of mods and not have an alarm, seat locks and full coverage. in the honda game, theft happens, so just be prepared.

in terms of theft from a garage or even blocking in your car at night in your driveway....i've seen videos of itr's and civics still get stolen this way. whether it's moving the cars behind your car via pushing them with a truck or breaking into your garage, if a thief really wants your car, they'll get it. it just depends on what you have and how much risk they want to take.

on that note, keep your s2ks safe. posting on public forums and attending shady meets is another way to increase your theft chances. be smart.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Keeping Your S2000 Safe at Night-5gqctis.jpg
Old 02-13-2015, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That shift locker won't be much. Those locks are really easy to break with a proper heavy duty lock breaker. Used to open people's lockers at my job if it had been for a while and not rented. Really easy.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I added a proximity sensor to my alarm few days ago. cost $30 and 30min install. still playing with it but I sleep better with it. not the best if you park on the street but if you have a drive way you might want to look into it. i got mine on a switch so if it acts up like to day the snow was driving it crazy so i just turned it off.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just don't sleep at night........sleep during the day lol.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Just can't leave it on the street at night
Old 05-16-2015, 05:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orangebarius
my s2k was parked in a driveway for the first 6 yrs of ownership and i never had a problem. i drive to malls, movies, nyc, etc and never had a problem. it has been garaged the past 2 yrs. i have an alarm and seat locks. also, i have full coverage. it's the only way to have a guarantee that you wont lose everything if it's stolen. the key to honda ownership is to be smart about it. don't buy $20k worth of mods and not have an alarm, seat locks and full coverage. in the honda game, theft happens, so just be prepared.

in terms of theft from a garage or even blocking in your car at night in your driveway....i've seen videos of itr's and civics still get stolen this way. whether it's moving the cars behind your car via pushing them with a truck or breaking into your garage, if a thief really wants your car, they'll get it. it just depends on what you have and how much risk they want to take.

on that note, keep your s2ks safe. posting on public forums and attending shady meets is another way to increase your theft chances. be smart.
Movies and malls are risky. I don't take my S there. It's a somewhat common spot to get jacked. Especially if it's gonna be sitting there for a few hours on a Friday or Saturday.night
Old 08-16-2015, 08:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Garage... it's the only way that I feel comfortable. With that, camera in the garage, motion sensors leading to both entrances with receiver in my bedroom, and all other cars parked in the driveway in front of the garage door.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:38 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

some doodes pulled up to my house at 3am, stopped in front and were there for a good min. Two cars, I think they saw me in the window.

Car number one was a black audi q7 and the second was a 2000's style ford explorer silver like the hardtop video.

Quick Reply: Keeping Your S2000 Safe at Night