New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Looking for convertible top installation

Old 05-02-2017, 10:05 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
Excellent job yesterday man. Thanks
Thank you sir, it was a pleasure. You have such a CLEAN car!
Old 05-02-2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Billman250
Jeremy do you do all types of tops? (ez, robbins, plastic to glass conversion, etc) Done while the customer waits or drop off?
Have some inquiries and will likely send them your way
Bill,

Thanks for the questions, and for the potential customers, i appreciate it. I primarily focus my installs and recommendations on the Robbins branded tops, with my personal recommendation on material for cloth. It gives the S such a nice look, and is an improvement over the OE vinyl. The EZ on and other tops are frankly a hassle and not worth the minimal price difference to justify and feel good with the recommendation. I've done some installs with customer provided tops where I wasn't engaged prior to the top being purchased and what a nightmare those have been. Fit and finish isn't the same, and you really get what you pay for and the shortcomings aren't easily overcome by even the most experienced installer. Plastic to glass, no problem, frame swap, early AP1 to later AP1-2, etc. All of this while the customer waits. It typically takes 3-4 hours to complete.

Send them my way.......****note, my wife and I are having our second child on Thursday so schedules are a little full at the moment, but should be back in full action shortly, i hope!
Old 05-02-2017, 04:34 PM

Received 1,244 Likes on 759 Posts

Nice. I have also installed my last EZ top and cheap top as well.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me too! pm inbound 2poor!
Old 05-06-2018, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New member here guys. Would like to get in contact with 2poor2mod to have a top replaced, unfortunately I cannot pm yet.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2poor2mod
Bill,

Thanks for the questions, and for the potential customers, i appreciate it. I primarily focus my installs and recommendations on the Robbins branded tops, with my personal recommendation on material for cloth. It gives the S such a nice look, and is an improvement over the OE vinyl. The EZ on and other tops are frankly a hassle and not worth the minimal price difference to justify and feel good with the recommendation. I've done some installs with customer provided tops where I wasn't engaged prior to the top being purchased and what a nightmare those have been. Fit and finish isn't the same, and you really get what you pay for and the shortcomings aren't easily overcome by even the most experienced installer. Plastic to glass, no problem, frame swap, early AP1 to later AP1-2, etc. All of this while the customer waits. It typically takes 3-4 hours to complete.

Send them my way.......****note, my wife and I are having our second child on Thursday so schedules are a little full at the moment, but should be back in full action shortly, i hope!
Quick question. My 2001 is not due for a top yet, even the plastic window looks good still, but I would much prefer the glass window. Can you give me a ballpark figure for the conversion from plastic to glass?
Old 05-07-2018, 06:33 AM
Community Organizer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by captain slowly
Quick question. My 2001 is not due for a top yet, even the plastic window looks good still, but I would much prefer the glass window. Can you give me a ballpark figure for the conversion from plastic to glass?
Unfortunately you have to swap out the entire top and cannot just replace the window. A robbins brand top, with the stayfast cloth is roughtly 640 + install.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:13 AM

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by 2poor2mod
Bill,
****note, my wife and I are having our second child on Thursday so schedules are a little full at the moment, but should be back in full action shortly, i hope!

Congrats man!.
Weren't you having the first one the last time when I came for my top?

Last edited by Langelo DeMysterioso; 05-07-2018 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
Unfortunately you have to swap out the entire top and cannot just replace the window. A robbins brand top, with the stayfast cloth is roughtly 640 + install.
ok, thanks. Good to know when the time comes.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
What he said. Thanks Jake

Quick Reply: Looking for convertible top installation