New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Metro's Venting/Rambling Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metro's Venting/Rambling Thread

A lot of Metro's members have complained that this regional forum has become dead. I want to throw out this idea of a venting/rambling thread. I just want to say that this isn't an original idea at all. Its something I noticed Honda Tech and Upstate NY both have. I think it can be an easy solution to bringing back some life to this thread and making our local members visit the Metro regional forum first before they venture off to other threads (FI, marketplace, gallery, etc.)

RULES
-Feel free to share, vent, and ramble about anything thats on your mind. Tell a joke, share a video, complain about your blown motor cause you went turbo . As long as you keep it somewhat classy then no topic is off limits.

--Feel free to introduce yourself if you want too. Many of us know each other on a first name basis but if your a new member an introduction can be a good way to get to know you if you havent come out to a meet before.

COs I know you might be tempted to move this thread to the Off Topic section of Metro but if it does become a successful thread I would like to keep it in the main section. From speaking to other members, many of us rarely check the off topic section. I feel like thats where threads go to die no offense. So I am asking that we keep here on the main forum. Hopefully it can become a sticky if we all participate.

Let me start it off.
Intro: As a new CO I feel I should introduce myself, especially since many of the NY guys don't know me too well. My name is Harry. I am 25 years old. I was born and raised in Jersey City, NJ. Currently driving a MY00 NFR aka Anuj's twin. This is my second s2000 (first one being a my00 BB) and I absolutely love this car. After a shitty day at work I just take out the S and I forget all about how crappy 9am to 5pm can be. If your a new member and your reading this just want to say come out to some meets. Personally I have met a lot of great people by going to humpday meets some of which I hang out with outside of the whole s2000 thing. I hope this thread can bring some life back to metro and would appreciate your participation.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 AM

good story harry you forgot bride seats
baddass
and hey hey why does it only have to be turbo guys blowing motors LOL

good idea. let me add my job use to be fun but now that we are 2 guys short in my our corporate office I run around like a chicken and with no more $$$ increase. at the end of the day a nice cruise in the s2000 will bring be back to life.
thanks for listening
Old 05-05-2011, 07:18 AM

I know what you mean Kel. Some people were laid off here and those of us who remained had to pick up the slack. Just saying....show me the money!!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:33 AM

Im new around here, had an account for a long time...wanted a s2k for a while, bought a prelude because it was cheaper, rocked that for about 3 years...saved up enough cash for a s2k a few times, 1st time I ended up using the cash for Grad school, 2nd time used the cash on my wedding, recently found out that I have a kid on the way so I was like fuk it, went out and finally bought a s2k lol
Old 05-05-2011, 08:25 AM

There are some old Metro rant threads burried deep down in the time capsule.

My first rant ... why are people so damn lazy that they can't check other sections of Metro and s2ki...
I mean rules are there to keep these every flowing sections clean and well organized. It's really just ONE click away from the main Metro section. ONE DAMN CLICK!!!!!! really .. come on now .. really!?

-end rant
Old 05-05-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

we used to have a chat thread. about 8000 of my posts are in there...lol
Old 05-05-2011, 08:55 AM

You guys want to bring that one back instead?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

no, dont do it. thats an era better left dead...lol
Old 05-05-2011, 09:02 AM

I agree with the Barry .. Props for bringing a fresh new one to Metro, Harry. I also think with some time we should revisit some of the pinned topics. It looks like some of those sponsers may not even exist anymore
Old 05-05-2011, 09:19 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by orangebarius
no, dont do it. thats an era better left dead...lol
What! 3/4 of my posts are from that thread!

Quick Reply: Metro's Venting/Rambling Thread