S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/)
-   -   Montreal Formula 1 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/montreal-formula-1-a-355134/)

yellowf22c1 01-25-2006 06:59 AM

Montreal Formula 1

Ok, one last attempt. I'm going to try to book tickets for the race in Montreal June 23-26th. Seats are hard to come by like F1-Fanatic has been stressing! There are several routes we can take (for those of you who wish to join us):

1.) Book package through GPC Travel

2.) Book package through another touring group: if so please provide suggestions.

3.) Book tickets and hotel completely seperate

So for option one, the prices are listed for both one person and two persons. The package does include hotel, grandstand tickets, metro and some F1 goodies, no parties though. The prices are listed in Canadian dollars, so don't be too scared. I admit prices are high, but it takes away the hassle of following up with tickets, metro and lodging (that way I can just verify everything by calling one number). Also if I book through GPC and I have 10 or more people going I can try to get a group deal. Prices will vary depending on how many people are going.

Behind door number 2: haven't seen any other package cheaper than the official F1 package. If you see any other legitamate packages for a cheaper price please let me know.

Behind door number 3: if we book lodging and tickets seperately, i need suggestions for places to stay and what grandstand you guys would like to be seated in.

OK thats all said and done, lastly, section 34 is sold out, and there are only a few seats left in section 12. Some packages that bought a certain amount of seats for 12 have already sold out, however the GPC TRavel package still has section 12 available. My suggestion is, this stand might be too expensive. So is there any other section that is sold at a reasonable price that we would be able to sit in and enjoy a good show? OR would you guys like to get general tickets and just stand on the side lines? If that's the case we'll definitely end up booking hotel seperately.

ONE LAST THING: How many of you guys would like to go? If you'd like me to help you book please let me know no later than January 30th! If someone else who might get a better deal on things would like to book, please let me know! thanks!!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...age&img=290545
Prices for tickets are as follows:
Grandstand 1, 2 and 3 (3 Days) = $440
Grandstand 10, 11, 12, 15, 21, 24 (3 Days) = $360
Grandstand 21, 31, 33 (3 Days) = $195

General Admission (3 Days) $90
Sunday only = 60
Saturday only = 40
Friday only = 25

oh yea, prices may change without notice (or so says the website!)

BlueMonde 01-25-2006 03:18 PM

Did someone say canada?

:cough:bill:cough:

:LOL:

bobbyb 01-25-2006 03:29 PM

i'm there

PortugueseS2K 01-25-2006 04:53 PM

I think a few of us in NE are going. See NE, I have a thread going there.

Im just getting race-day tix, i dont want to be there (at the race-track) all 3 days. I wonder if you want only race-day tix for sunday you can only get general admission??? I do however need a hotel for 3days/nights. Some guys are saying that race tix arent really a problem getting on race-day, since scalping tix is legal in Canada :)

yellowf22c1 01-26-2006 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by PortugueseS2K,Jan 25 2006, 05:53 PM

Im just getting race-day tix, i dont want to be there (at the race-track) all 3 days. I wonder if you want only race-day tix for sunday you can only get general admission??? I do however need a hotel for 3days/nights. Some guys are saying that race tix arent really a problem getting on race-day, since scalping tix is legal in Canada :)

hmmm...i think you can definitely get general admission just for sunday, however I'm not too sure about grandstand tix just for sunday. i'll try to call and find out!

Dylan Hunt 01-26-2006 09:11 AM

too rich for my blood, but definately next year :D

F1-Fanatic 01-26-2006 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by PortugueseS2K,Jan 25 2006, 09:53 PM

Dude.. I don't know if it's legal.. All I know is as soon as you exit the metro on the island they will be all over you. LOL

goowattjuy 01-26-2006 01:35 PM

So JE, you have to know by Jan 30th right! Damn it, I will get back to you asap.

yellowf22c1 01-29-2006 04:46 PM

ok, so i needed to bump. but i gotta know who's definitely in. let me know no later than the 30th! or you can even email me with any questions: msjeng@gmail.com

F1-Fanatic 01-30-2006 01:29 PM

Friendly bump