New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Motorcar Classics

Old 06-19-2019, 06:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motorcar Classics

I am thinking of selling my S2000. Has anyone had any dealings with MotorCar Classics In Farmingdale, NY?
Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:10 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Screen name checks out.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:44 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Dealers buy at wholesale. Private buyer will buy at (near) retail. Selling to a dealer will not get you a good price. That's why you get screwed with a trade-in.

Plenty of buyers still in June although demand will taper off next month. Prime time seemed to be April/May when the college guys (and girls) coming home for the summer wanted sports cars.

-- Chuck
Old 06-27-2019, 11:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Dealers buy at wholesale. Private buyer will buy at (near) retail. Selling to a dealer will not get you a good price. That's why you get screwed with a trade-in.

Plenty of buyers still in June although demand will taper off next month. Prime time seemed to be April/May when the college guys (and girls) coming home for the summer wanted sports cars.

-- Chuck
Chuck,

selling outright to a dealer will net you whole sale numbers, however trading in towards a new vehicle will also net you tax credit, which can be close to retail value when factored in. You also need to take into account the ease of doing so, no weirdos or time wasters, no finance heros or nonsense. I tell customers all the time they will 100% of the time net more money selling it themselves, however on a trade with sales tax credit the slight difference in price and time may be worth it to them.

That being said, OP if you are looking for a new car or to sell out right you can give me a call/pm. Im located in Plainview (European Automobile company) Take a look at our website or IG to see if there is anything that interests you.

-Matt