New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

New to forums from NY

Old 07-04-2007, 10:35 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ant Anthem,Jul 4 2007, 01:16 PM
dam so i guess i should really get a hardtop.....whats the average price you guys are paying? Any specific place in the NY area you can get them for a good deal?

Is there any honda mechanics specializing in S2000's in the Queens, NY area where i can get the used car looked at?

Please more info on the question i asked above about the 2002 with 51k miles....
On a personal level, I would not buy a car especially a sports car with that many miles on it. Yes, a car with 10k miles on it with a neglected owner can be in worst condition than a car with 60k miles with an involved owner. However, probability is on my side.

Go with one with lower miles. For a couple of thousand more, you can achieve that. Parking it on your street also depends on your neighborhood, where in Queens is this? If it's Jamaica, you will need more than a hardtop, if it's Forest Hills, you can probably get away with it. (Again, all in my humble opinion).

As for an S2000 mechanic, pm Billman250 on this forum. He has a very busy schedule so it's best to contact him to see if you can make arrangements with the dealer and himself.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok... here's my $.02 - and not that it matters... but I'm a chick....

#1 When buying a used S2K - check your vin stickers on bumpers, fenders, hood and trunk. If the VIN stickers do not match it can mean one of two things... either it was wrecked before and they did not report it to insurance (therefore it would not show up on a Carfax report) or they were just modding it... either way, ask questions and use your best judgement.

#2 Driving in the snow, I have never had any issues driving in the snow. I do NOT use snow tires but use All Season tires. I live in Western NJ where we tend to get more snow than you and roads are not plowed as often. The key to driving anything including an s2000 in the snow is keep it at low RPMs and make each movement a smooth one. p.s. I drive nearly 100 miles per day to work, sometimes in the snow... there is video on s2ki somewhere of me doing just that.

#3 I prefer the AP1 and not just because I have one. I like the way the MY00 and 01 sit lower than the others. I love that my car rev's to 9K. The wheels can definitely suck because they tend to get very gunky and can be a b!tch to clean.

#4 Maintenance - I personally do not think an s2k requires more maintenance than any other car. The difference here is that we actually care more about our cars than most do. So, we might be a bit anal retentive when it comes to maintaining our beloved cars.

Hope it helps.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:47 AM

p.s. Does anyone know if we know the person selling this particular Suzuka blue s2k??? You might want to ask the person selling if they are a member of s2ki. I don't think you said if you were considering buying this car from an individual or a dealer...
Old 07-04-2007, 10:47 AM

BUY IT
Old 07-04-2007, 10:56 AM

Also - did you see the MY02 Suzuka on Auto Trader for $19,600 with 20,100 miles on it? (had routine oil changes using mobil 1) I think I saw the one you are talking about... it only has one photo on auto trader?

Also, you might want to consider looking at the "for sale" forum and see if anyone is selling an s2k to your liking. Most of us know each other and know if someone has blown an engine or wrecked a car, etc.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:51 AM

yes, here is the link for craigslist, http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/car/365215470.html

I live closer to forest hills, on the middle village/glendale side.....parking is a pain but with a small car like the S2000, i shouldn't have a problem....my budget is actually 16k which is why i even considered the 2002 S2000 with those miles....anything with lesser miles is too much more....

Does anyone know if this guy is on the forums, he lives in Corona?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:59 AM

FYI: my drive to work in the snow on Valentine's Day wearing Toyo Proxes4

So easy a girl could do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7kqa0EiPMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaOls9Mnte8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zePQDE4yuD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMPjt9z6M34
Old 07-04-2007, 12:12 PM

lol wow.....very interesting to drive in the snow with the s2000.....but it didnt seem TOO bad....i guess this factor won't hold me back from getting this car....
Old 07-04-2007, 01:49 PM

if you look at the pictures from that Craigslist ad, the rear window is the Ap1 plastic window. Suzuka came out in 02 and should have the rear glass window instead.

Something about that ad looks fishy to me.......
Old 07-04-2007, 07:05 PM

its glass

Quick Reply: New to forums from NY