S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/)
-   -   NYST Special Offer! Full Throttle Friday 9/8 with AZP Installs! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/nyst-special-offer-full-throttle-friday-9-8-azp-installs-1175647/)

BradtheMachine 08-04-2017 04:53 AM

BUMP! Only 1 day left for the special pricing. 7- 20 minute session and lunch included!

jlozano180 08-04-2017 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by BradtheMachine (Post 24310577)
BUMP! Only 1 day left for the special pricing. 7- 20 minute session and lunch included!

Dam lunch included to, wish I was allowed to go

Mig233 08-04-2017 06:59 AM

I'm signed up!

Jose: Sign up bro, there will be enough S2ks there where they shouldn't make a problem for no roll bar.

CYANiDE91 08-04-2017 07:43 AM

NJMP Tech Form says to look at section 62 for rollover info.

§ 13:62-3.13 Rollover bars
(a) Rollover protection is required for all open cockpit or convertible vehicles. Roll bar padding meeting SFI Spec 45.1 is mandatory anywhere a driver's helmet or body may come in contact with roll bar components. SFI 45.1, incorporated herein by reference, as amended and supplemented and available at The SFI Foundation, Inc. (SFI) is a non-profit organization established to issue and administer standards for the quality assurance of specialty performance and racing equipment.. SFI roll bar padding standards are available from the SFI Foundation, Inc. 15708 Pomerado Road, Suite N208, Poway, CA 92064.
(b) Factory provided rollover protection (production vehicles) may be used for promotional and touring events, time trials, drivers schools, and lapping days providing that the height of any vehicle occupant (with helmet) is not higher than the highest point of the factory rollover protection structure.
(c) Convertibles and open vehicles (except motorcycles) in races and race practices shall have a roll bar or main hoop extending beyond the head or helmet of any vehicle driver or instructor. Removable hardtops shall not constitute rollover protection

So is this considered a lapping day where factory hoops are allowed as long as you pass the broomstick test?

BradtheMachine 08-04-2017 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by CYANiDE91 (Post 24311406)
NJMP Tech Form says to look at section 62 for rollover info.

§ 13:62-3.13 Rollover bars
(a) Rollover protection is required for all open cockpit or convertible vehicles. Roll bar padding meeting SFI Spec 45.1 is
mandatory anywhere a driver's helmet or body may come in contact with roll bar components. SFI 45.1, incorporated herein by reference, as amended and supplemented and available at The SFI Foundation, Inc. (SFI) is a non-profit organization established to issue and administer standards for the quality assurance of specialty performance and racing equipment.. SFI roll bar padding standards are available from the SFI Foundation, Inc. 15708 Pomerado Road, Suite N208, Poway, CA 92064.
(b) Factory provided rollover protection (production vehicles) may be used for promotional and touring events, time trials, drivers schools, and lapping days providing that the height of any vehicle occupant (with helmet) is not higher than the highest point of the factory rollover protection structure.
(c) Convertibles and open vehicles (except motorcycles) in races and race practices shall have a roll bar or main hoop extending beyond the head or helmet of any vehicle driver or instructor. Removable hardtops shall not constitute rollover protection

So is this considered a lapping day where factory hoops are allowed as long as you pass the broomstick test?

Yes, As long as you pass the broomstick test you're good to go.

cleenyc99 08-06-2017 06:25 AM

I'll be there both days

jlozano180 08-08-2017 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mig233 (Post 24311189)
I'm signed up!

Jose: Sign up bro, there will be enough S2ks there where they shouldn't make a problem for no roll bar.

that club ant working that way, don't want to go up there for nothing.

Langelo DeMysterioso 08-08-2017 10:08 AM

is there a factory hardtop exception? Can't pass the broom...

BradtheMachine 08-08-2017 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso (Post 24320389)

unforunatly not unless you pass the broomstick test is what they are telling me.

I still have 1 spot open for 9/9 though and there is no restriction that day....

freq 08-09-2017 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso (Post 24320389)

Al,

If you're dead set on tracking on that Friday, then check with AZP if a hardtop negates the need for passing the broomstick test. Or, just sign up for Saturday and run with the S2000 crew with or without your hardtop.

Either way, hope to see you there.