S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/)
-   -   Paintless dent removal referral (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/paintless-dent-removal-referral-1178095/)

Mrhwin 09-30-2017 07:42 AM

Paintless dent removal referral

Looking for a reference to an excellent paintless dent removal

There​​There a few, but really want someone that has a lot of experience. Especially with an s2k..

Located in northern NJ, but willing to take a trip.

Mrhwin 10-02-2017 03:29 PM

Anyone?

ay_nako2k 10-09-2017 05:10 AM

I have a guy, but i live in eastern long island. He comes to you, but idk about going to Jersey. My S2000 was the first he has ever done/seen lol but did 10/10 job on removing a few dents off of my trunk, even the portion where the trunk bends down towards the rear of the car. He has done cars worth 20x more than ours, so i trusted him.

RUGBY 10-10-2017 02:50 AM

Dent Wizard in Elmwood Park

Dent Wizard located in Park Auto Body, Elmwood Park (off Rt46). Tech is Gaetano Bruno, and is a magician.

You can do a search, he has quite a few recommendations on the site. I've used him for 15+ years.

I believe at one point, Phil Yu from Detailers Domain, was using /recommending Gaetano --- that is good enough for me.

NFRad 10-11-2017 08:18 PM

Ace of dents in Closter, NJ. Just had couple of dents removed by him, amazing work.

Tell him Rad with the red S2000 sent ya.
gl

Mrhwin 10-27-2017 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by RUGBY (Post 24365479)
Dent Wizard located in Park Auto Body, Elmwood Park (off Rt46). Tech is Gaetano Bruno, and is a magician.

You can do a search, he has quite a few recommendations on the site. I've used him for 15+ years.

I believe at one point, Phil Yu from Detailers Domain, was using /recommending Gaetano --- that is good enough for me.

I was able to meet him. Thanks for your suggestion!!

Billman250 11-02-2017 05:01 AM

There is a new place out by me in Speonk. Corner of North Philips Ave and Montauk Hwy. They are a PDR training institute, and the owner has been doing it 20+ years. This is the first time I've ever seen a PDR shop location.

Going to try them soon and post feedback.

ay_nako2k 11-02-2017 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Billman250 (Post 24377732)
There is a new place out by me in Speonk. Corner of North Philips Ave and Montauk Hwy. They are a PDR training institute, and the owner has been doing it 20+ years. This is the first time I've ever seen a PDR shop location.

Going to try them soon and post feedback.

How's their pricing? I just got a quote from my guy for $350-375. Someone dinged my door while i was in class... seems a bit pricey to me. Unfortunately it's on the body line of the car, but i know he can take it out like nothing was ever there

jbljon 11-25-2017 04:27 PM

Hey Rad, you were right about Ace of Dents, Elvin did an excellent job, no surprise he has been doing this for 21 years. He said he gets a lot of S2000s. I am very satisfied with the results, there are still some scratches but all of the dings are gone. I thought I only had a couple of dings but Elvin highlighted dents I didn't even know were there. The whole passenger side with about 10 dings was fixed in an hour and a half for only $500. I saved a lot of money by not having it repainted.
Thanks,
Jon

NFRad 11-25-2017 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by jbljon (Post 24388455)
Hey Rad, you were right about Ace of Dents, Elvin did an excellent job, no surprise he has been doing this for 21 years. He said he gets a lot of S2000s. I am very satisfied with the results, there are still some scratches but all of the dings are gone. I thought I only had a couple of dings but Elvin highlighted dents I didn't even know were there. The whole passenger side with about 10 dings was fixed in an hour and a half for only $500. I saved a lot of money by not having it repainted.
Thanks,
Jon

Yea, I've sent a couple of friends to him and so far nothing but satisfied clients. I'll be going to him for all of my vehicles. Glad it worked out.