New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Possible New Intake For Sale

Old 10-27-2003, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okok, blues2k3 made a new intake that he had custom built. The piping is all mandrel bent and is the same diameter as the T/B inlet. The great thing about this intake is that it doesnt take hot air in from being placed in front of the radiator like most other intakes do. It is completely relocated into the bumper basically.

You have the option to cut either your splash shield or the black "things" on your front bumper that isnt painted.

Total installation time is actually fairly long...about 3 hours. The price range will be in the low 200's. I just thought that this intake was such a better invesment than the thing that PRM or ARC or others sell and would also cost less.

With all great things, there is a downfall. This one is rather big...sorta. Due to the placement of the intake, driving in the rain can be fatal for your engine due to hydrolocking....we are working on a solution to keep the water from actually traveling....thus, because of this issue, we cannot provide ANY warrenty...this is more of a off-road use application.

I just figured after seeing it in blue's car, it should be shared with everyone else on this site. So I was just trying to tally and see if any of you are interested.

BTW, convincing pictures of the intake will be posted up sometime soon. I wanted to take pictures and post them today....but the rain really sort of kept that from happening.

Also, I know I'd be willing to help you guys install the intake as there are a lot of steps involved in it. But I'm more than willing to help install the intake for you.

Oh ya, can you please keep this in the Metro section as we just want to do this locally for now.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:07 PM

So no one is interested? Shame really. O wells.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:20 PM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's kinda vague without the pics. im sure once you post some pics, you'll get a larger response.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:31 PM

yup, that's what I figured.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Also, it may be partly due to the possibility your friend simply duplicated the AEM, Injen and 4IG CAI. The AEM is about this price and the 4IG clone is way cheaper. I'm curious as to why your friend is trying to re-invent the wheel. One would only do this if the end result was either better or cheaper. I just can't see that this thing would be any better than an AEM and it certainly isn't cheaper than the 4IG one. Am I missing something here?