New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

It's Happening

Old 08-12-2016, 05:20 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
Default It's Happening

Took my daily in for service.

Dropped the loaner and paid up. it was after hours, maybe 5:30 so the service guys were gone but still lots of people around.

Service kid takes my keys and runs out into the lot.
Service mgr says "your car will be right up".
Kid comes running back in over hear him say "it's blocked in, get someone in sales, we cant drive it".
Figured it's an R8 or something so they start saying "where is Brain"? Brian says "I'm leaving anyway and need to take the car" (he mentioned their off site storage lot).
So Brain bolts past me as does the kid.
"Your car will be right up, sorry it got blocked in".

I'm still waiting.

Kid comes running back in (now sweaty). "Hold on sir".

I say "is there a problem"?
"No, I can't drive your car - hold on..."

I'm thinking if you aren't allowed to drive cars why are you running around here like a crazy person with my keys? so I say can I just get it? by now he's back in the showroom. I hear "where's Brain? Brain left"!! "what about someone in Sales"?? Busy... then he disappears. So this goes on for another 30 seconds which seems like an eternity so I go outside and can see my car and motion to the guy to give my keys and start to walk over to it.

Turns out the car that was blocking my car was a stick and the kid couldn't drive it. The Brain guy took that car out of the way and drove off only to leave the kid wit the realization that my car was a stick too... Crazy. I asked him how a guy working at a dealer can't drive a stick and he said he used to work as a valet at night and they had one guy that was the stick driver, nobody else could.

The world is changing... bummer!

Heel toe!!
Old 08-12-2016, 05:40 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

stick is now anti-theft feature.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lolol sad but true its definitely happening. I recently went to get a new battery in my car. When it was time for the install I see the kid with this frantic look on his face and he's running around the parking lot. I ask him what's wrong and he says the car is a stick and the stick guy is not in today so he can't move the car. Long story short we determined it'd be best to violate company policy and have him install the battery in the parking lot...lololol
Old 08-12-2016, 08:19 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Ah kids, running, frantic, perplexed. Love it. Love hiring kids like that to do simple jobs, makes my day.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

1_3_
2 4 R
Old 08-12-2016, 10:06 AM

funny how the kid that can drive stick they call him "The Brain" LOL
Old 08-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

BRAIN.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

This is funny, alot of young people will not learn how to drive stick. When I have spoken to people about it, they think I'm crazy that I have a car that you have to shift yourself. This works great for thift.

My son will know how to drive stick, he won't touch an automatic car before a stick car
Old 08-13-2016, 05:12 AM

Yea I said the same thing. But once that little joker started driving auto he never looked back. When I tell him to move the S or even sit behind the wheel while I run in the store he starts making faces.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:07 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
Yea I said the same thing. But once that little joker started driving auto he never looked back. When I tell him to move the S or even sit behind the wheel while I run in the store he starts making faces.
I won't let him drive auto, I'm starting off mine the same age I did, 7. I got 2 years left.

Quick Reply: It's Happening