New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Summer Tech Day 8/6

Old 07-18-2006, 12:42 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Summer Tech Day 8/6

Since the votes came out with NJ on top, the summer tech day will be held at my house.

Now for the information (note: this will be updated periodically for more news and what not)

I have the permit to block the whole street off, parking will not be a problem now.

Metro Summer Tech Day Information

Where
The tech day will be held at my house. I would prefer not to post the address up on the internet -- please pm me for it or reply to this thread and I will send it out. To get an idea mapquest Freehold, NJ 07728 so you can see about how far it is. From L.I. it is about 2 hours (depending on location and traffic). I am located 15min outside of six flags, 5 minutes away from englishtown raceway, and about 20min from the NJ coast. I'm pretty much as central NJ as you can get

Time
It will be held on August 6th. I filled out the permit for 10am - 6pm so thats approximatly the time that I was guessing. I can't have it any later then 10pm.

Parking
Parking is not a problem anymore. The permit is complete and I will be closing off the street for people to park in. I'll have two lines of cars on the sides angled toward the curb to maximize the amount of cars we can fit. I'll leave the center open for people to leave if need be. I'm going to first fill up the area closest to my house and then I'll move the baracades down when more people come.

What to bring
If there is one thing I have learned its that everyone bringing stuff to a party never works quite the way you wanted it to. With that being said, please bring 10 dollars per person which will pay for the permit, food, and drinks. You do not need to bring any food /buns / drinks. However, Alcohol will NOT be provided, if you want to bring it thats fine but YOU will be responsible for everyone who drinks it and what they do there after. I don't say this to be a party pooper, but after hearing of the stories of homeowners getting sued for people drinking and then driving after the party, we do not want any part in that.

EDIT Also we have devised a system for payment from each person. Basically when you park you (and possibly your passenger) will give me / my dad the money and we'll give you a stamp on the hand. When we have the food all set we're going to form a line of food and we'll check the hands before you grab your plate to get food. So if you don't catch me when your parking, you'll see me at the line. Trying not to be hard on the subject but 50 people = a couple hundred dollars worth of food

As far as tools, as some of you might know (if you check the gallery) I do have an air compressor complete with air chisel, air gun, air rachet, and a sprayer. We have an electric oven and are willing to use it for headlight clearings / powdercoating (I do not have a powder coater though). I also have a full mechanics tool set as well as cleaning supplies. However, if you have a specific job please bring your own tools as I cannot provide everyone with tools (do not want to get things lost eithor). Also please bring your own jack stands + jack if you can. I only have 4 stands and 2 jacks which won't be enough I'm sure. You will all be welcome to use the hose to wash cars if you wish (although I would think you would wash them before hand) but if you do plan on it, please bring supplies if possible.

EDIT: It would be smart to bring some kind of towel or something to lay on when your working on your car as the cars will be in the street on rough pavement. Don't want everyone cutting up their knees.

Food
As stated before, no one should bring food unless you really feel like making something special . My mother loves to cook so there will probably be a lot more then that.

Food list:
Food including BBQ kaielbasy, burgers, hot dogs, brats, ceaser salad, fresh jersey tomatoes, roasted jersey corn, and a surpise desert. Drinks will be basic (ie coke, sprite, iced tea)

Who
1.Spec_Ops2087 ------- Jon (host) -- Dif Install, p-coating, clutch fluid
2.Billman250 ----------- Bill (slave )
3.Defender ------------- Eliot
4.W0Pdego
5.Nate03 ---------------- Joel
6.Project SSAP1 ------- Ricky -- Might stop by
7.iamhomin ------------ Jeff
8.S2kMarkus ----------- Mark
9.XclusiveAutosports -- Mike -- powdercoating
10.Tachamp ------------ Joe
11.HeliFlyer
12.Ducmann996 ------- Dave
13.stitos2k
14.jasonjm
15.TriaXenginE --------- Allen
16.SpaZilla
17.Zippy
18.DaveOnLI ------------Dave--- brake fluid and pullies
19.NYCS2 --------------- Vin
20.tinkfist ----------------Tom
21.Cherry04 -------------Marcus
22.NFRs2000NYC ------- Dave
23.sweetj ---------------- Jerianna
24.YeloS2000ShowGrl -- Jen
25.147mphallday ---------Sam--- powdercoating
26.S2K KiDD ------------- Jay
27.Jdm Apl --------------- Rob
28.Guedo512 ------------- Frank
29.revhi ------------------ Jackson ---- Possible
30.mikes2k --------------- Mike
31.MADjdm
32.kamui157 ------------- Howard
33.HiPER
34.AZWILDCATS --------- Lorie
35.AP12001
36.NJSY2K! ---------------- Jay
37.Jacko ------------------ Mike
38.MikesS2K -------------- Mike
39.Heyitsgary ------------- Gary
40.YELOSCREAMER
41.S2K4-AP2 -------------- Jeff
42.DX-2000 ----------------Fred
43.blurnj13------------------Ant
44.sweetmeat ------------- Might stop by
45.JaTe
46.prorcracer87 ---------- Cliff --- Might stop by
47.S2K DRIFTER
48.Tel1sps --------------- Steve --- Clutch delay / powdercoating
49.Driver#8 -------------- Jim
50.Mad2k ---------------- Michael --- Shock Install
51.s2kayo --------------- Kevin
52.redmen -------------- Brake Pad Change
53.LonS2k
54.plankfarm ----------- Mary
55.Bobbyb
56.RaceyR6
57.C U AT 9K
58.S2000spoon
59.bobushka king
60.F1-Fanatic
61.mister_two ----------- Paul
62.Jay2000 -------------- Jay ------ maintenance
63.GRUNTS2K
64.kenster888
65.Ks320 ---------------- Kelvin

Please reply to this thread or PM me so I can get you on the list and what you plan on doing. I would like to get an accurate count of how many are coming so we know how much food to get.

I will update this main post periodically when new information comes to me.

Thank you and we hope to to make a great day for us all!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:30 PM

Received 1,253 Likes on 763 Posts

This aint delval, we don't do mod day.

It's called tech day, you'll see why
Old 07-18-2006, 01:57 PM

Corrected
Old 07-18-2006, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm good for the morning & to say hello to all early comers - get a nice drive in - need to be in New City around 2/3pm...
Old 07-18-2006, 02:51 PM

I'll need to leave around 3.
Thanks for the effort, you're really covering all the bases!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:24 PM

Depending on how many people are on the final list, the local newspaper as well as the asbury park press might be attending to take some shots of all the cars. The more the merrier
Old 07-18-2006, 03:33 PM

I'll come. Meet some new people, enjoy the day and clear my corners! (anyone else? )
Old 07-18-2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by iamhomin,Jul 18 2006, 06:33 PM
I'll come. Meet some new people, enjoy the day and clear my corners! (anyone else? )

Food list is now posted. I hope everyone likes to eat!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there, not sure doing what, but I'll be there. -Mark
Old 07-18-2006, 07:09 PM

I'm down ... hopefully we can do some powdercoating if Dave can make it. Also, if my fenders come out nice after I try it out, i'll bring the fender roller if anyone needs that done.

Quick Reply: Summer Tech Day 8/6