New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

tailgating

Old 05-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry tailgating

seems like people like to or have to get right up on my ass, at lights or slow traffic. That burns my biscuit! What is there a thing people got to get so close????
Old 05-09-2018, 06:53 PM

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

just put on a test pipe. the smell forces people to move over.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:54 AM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Our 3rd brake light flashers can help with tailgaters.
It's a module that flashes your brake lights when you first step on em.

LED Brake Light Flasher - $9.99 : JS2K.com!

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like that
Old 05-10-2018, 08:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was to create a device that will shoot out liquid (brake fluid or something) at a press of a button. Put the nozzle just below the bumper and point up.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:04 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

I find that even when someone is going 45 mph in a 60, once I pass them they floor it and then come up and ride my bumper (or speed match me in the right lane if on a larger highway) a lot. It is like they feel the need to "show me
" they can go as fast as my little sports car ... which is going the speed limit ..... highly, highly annoying. I see this much more in the S than my regular drivers. This is especially true when having to pass a coal rolling brodozer mobile driving under the speed limit in the fast lane.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by engifineer
I find that even when someone is going 45 mph in a 60, once I pass them they floor it and then come up and ride my bumper (or speed match me in the right lane if on a larger highway) a lot. It is like they feel the need to "show me
" they can go as fast as my little sports car ... which is going the speed limit ..... highly, highly annoying. I see this much more in the S than my regular drivers. This is especially true when having to pass a coal rolling brodozer mobile driving under the speed limit in the fast lane.
I don't get it when people do that in general... They're going slower than traffic (don't even get me started wuth left lane bandits), but when you try to pass them, they'll accelerate so that they're still faster than you or block you from merging over. WTF people?? Move the F over if you're going slow!!!
Old 05-10-2018, 09:38 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Virginia, at least around Richmond tailgates constantly. So close I often can't see their headlights when driving my normal size cars. Thinking about turning the rear window washer around. Or find a way to put a squinter on the rear of the S2000. Motor oil would be more satisfying than windshield washer fluid but that's for the "select fire" version when set to FULL.

-- Chuck
Old 05-10-2018, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Virginia, at least around Richmond tailgates constantly. So close I often can't see their headlights when driving my normal size cars. Thinking about turning the rear window washer around. Or find a way to put a squinter on the rear of the S2000. Motor oil would be more satisfying than windshield washer fluid but that's for the "select fire" version when set to FULL.

-- Chuck
I'd pick brake fluid. It will do damage if not wiped away.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:05 PM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

Pickup trucks seem to be offended by the very existence of our cars. Mine is all stock, quiet, and I'm old. Yet on a regular basis some idiot in a truck will get all road raged at my very presence. It amuses me more than annoys me.

Another thing I notice is at red lights people pull up much close than when I drive my other cars. I assume its because they tend to see over is, and don't realize how close they are. Probably the same thing happens on the road, hence even more tailgating our small, low cars.

It shocks me how little attention people really pay to their driving, and how much of it is done on autopilot. Their subconscious doing the driving, and the decision making.

Most peoples subconscious are horrible at making decisions. People die in fires tryimg to go out the way they came in, when there is another exit. They panic and their subconscious takes over. Reports of people in plane crashes taking their luggage out of overhead bin. Subconscious takes over due to panic, and only knows how to do what you normally do, but with frenzied urgency.

That is what scares me about how most people drive. Not a daily commute, more like a daily coma.

Quick Reply: tailgating