New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Ticketed for no front plate in NYC - will photo of remedy cancel the fine ?

Old 05-22-2018, 07:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Speaking from past experience on a few headlight tickets over the years.. you replace the bulb then drive to closest police precinct. Tell the desk sergeant you got a ticket for equipment violation and fixed it. He will come outside to verify, then he updates it in system, you pay small processing fee & go on your way. Sometimes they dont even go outside to check if they are being lazy lol.

Ive never heard of someone doing this via photograph..
photographs are for court to show the judge something, you want to avoid court altogether if you can in this case.

I dont know if a missing plate works the same way as a bulb though. Worth a shot.

Is there a box on the ticket that says "correctable" ? is it checked off?
Old 05-22-2018, 08:11 AM

Received 1,309 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by RexRacerX
Who's to say you didn't just mount the plate and take a picture - after getting the ticket? That wouldn't sway anyone anyhow. Better to pay the fine.
The idea of sending photo isn't to prove the cop was blind and couldn't see the plate. The photo is to prove, see I fixed it. All better now.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:44 AM

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

There is no check off for correctable.
It's all about money. They really don't care if you correct it; as long as you pay your fines every time they catch you.

Last edited by Langelo DeMysterioso; 05-22-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:59 AM

Just a little public service announcement. As you are probably aware EZ Pass has been setup on every major toll pass in the tristate area. Each time you go through the lane a photo is taken of your vehicle. One of my coworkers told me that he got pulled over on the bridge due to an alert that was issued for his car.He said that a cop with those two black boxes on the trunk (license plate readers) pulled him over and explained to him that he had an alert issued on his plate number because his license plate frame covers the state name on his plate. He said he immediately broke the frame so that the state would show but they wouldn't let him off and gave him a ticket anyway. So be aware that EZpass is scrutinizing those photos and it could lead to a violation.
-Happy Motoring
Old 05-22-2018, 10:21 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

NYC is harder to beat. Other towns, a front plate ticket will cost as much as 250.

i fought my front plate ticket that I got on the bear mountain drive.

I won
Old 05-22-2018, 10:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pba card

Langelo DeMysterioso is right your time is worth then 65 bucks , Pick up a PBA card then then no more worries , GOOD LUCK
Old 05-22-2018, 10:50 AM

Gotta have a connection for a PBA card
And Jose didn't win that case by sending in a picture.

edit:
lol You live in Suffolk and will need to take off from work. By the time you pay for gas and tolls, park your car in a Manhattan garage and have a bite to eat or a drink you already spent 98 bucks!!!

Last edited by Langelo DeMysterioso; 05-22-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:45 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
Gotta have a connection for a PBA card
And Jose didn't win that case by sending in a picture.

edit:
lol You live in Suffolk and will need to take off from work. By the time you pay for gas and tolls, park your car in a Manhattan garage and have a bite to eat or a drink you already spent 98 bucks!!!
Al, I had to go to court for that ticket. Westchester ant taking a picture for that, you have to go to court for all tickets unless its a parking ticket. It was worth it for me, I'm not giving these dudes 250 of my money.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:43 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

You're still going to run without a front plate I assume?

I'd just pay the ticket. Actually I wouldn't because I run a front plate to be legal and to prevent cops from pulling me over for "just cause" because of no plate and going on a fishing expedition around my car. A bit of arrogance thinking you're "too important or too good" to bother with a front plate. Reflectorized plates are radar and laser targets. Mine is angled down but I doubt that helps much.

-- Chuck
Old 05-23-2018, 06:55 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Chuck S
You're still going to run without a front plate I assume?

I'd just pay the ticket. Actually I wouldn't because I run a front plate to be legal and to prevent cops from pulling me over for "just cause" because of no plate and going on a fishing expedition around my car. A bit of arrogance thinking you're "too important or too good" to bother with a front plate. Reflectorized plates are radar and laser targets. Mine is angled down but I doubt that helps much.

-- Chuck
100%, im not running it. That time when I got stop was my first time, been without a plate for 2 years before that day.

Now its been almost 2 years again. My s2k doesn’t stay park on the street at all, never does. I say 75% of Metro don’t run a front plate.

Quick Reply: Ticketed for no front plate in NYC - will photo of remedy cancel the fine ?