New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Where can I get aftermarket traction control installed?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get aftermarket traction control installed?

I'm still looking into getting an 'S' and am still on the fence about needed an 06 for VSA. Anyway, if I wanted to venture outside of that for an 04-05 do you guys know any shops that can install Racelogic Traction Control. I'm looking for a place that has experience with it or possibly if anyone on here has had it or been in a car with it. I'm still unsure about it overall and I'm just really weighing my options to find the perfect/most comfortable car possible
Old 09-13-2011, 11:28 AM

I dont think you need traction control. With the right set of tires you will be able to have more than enough fun without ever worrying.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 AM

I keep hearing that, but I'm still so torn.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a simple matter.

Buy an s2000 with traction or buy one without, by the time you have that setup installed the price will be the same..

IMO traction isn't worth it.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 PM

I do not understand why this is such an issue. You are buying a sports car. A two seater. A roadster. A low to the ground bare basic fun to drive machine. 50/50 weight distribution. I can understand if you are shopping for a safe daily 4 door sadan to haul around your kids and this be a concern. But with the S, I just don't get it.

I daily drove my car 50 miles a day in all sorts of bad weather and got to and from fine with out VSA. This car is pefectly balanced and with the right set of tires and not driving like a total idiot you will be fine. One of my favorite times to drive the S is in the rain. The car just feels so safe and stable. Why are you so torn?

"pefect/most comfortable" The S is not at all comfortable at times. It is perfect on many levels however on others it is not.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:39 PM

honestly, if you're really wondering about traction control, the s2000, in all honesty, is a car not meant for you. or an rx8 for that matter...

these are pure sports cars, undiluted by decades of lawyers and electronic nannies to keep you out of a ditch. if you really want something rwd, you're better off getting something rwd that was designed with understeer as that is what the majority of people want to drive with more confidence... say, something like a bmw, lexus, 350/370z, gs350/370, mustang, camaro, challenger, etc...

the pure sports cars tend to incite panic in novice drivers because they aren't experienced to deal with how quickly they can rotate without using the steering wheel, but rather the throttle.

i autocrossed for years in a civic and fell immediately in love with the s2000 as it was more in tune with how i drive at the limit of grip, and even more so in inclement weather simply because the car TALKED to me more clearly about what it was doing on the wet/icy roads in winter. knowing what you're doing, and being properly equipped, is so much better than spending the money on trying to tame the car.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by theflipimage
honestly, if you're really wondering about traction control, the s2000, in all honesty, is a car not meant for you. or an rx8 for that matter...

these are pure sports cars, undiluted by decades of lawyers and electronic nannies to keep you out of a ditch. if you really want something rwd, you're better off getting something rwd that was designed with understeer as that is what the majority of people want to drive with more confidence... say, something like a bmw, lexus, 350/370z, gs350/370, mustang, camaro, challenger, etc...

the pure sports cars tend to incite panic in novice drivers because they aren't experienced to deal with how quickly they can rotate without using the steering wheel, but rather the throttle.

i autocrossed for years in a civic and fell immediately in love with the s2000 as it was more in tune with how i drive at the limit of grip, and even more so in inclement weather simply because the car TALKED to me more clearly about what it was doing on the wet/icy roads in winter. knowing what you're doing, and being properly equipped, is so much better than spending the money on trying to tame the car.

You forgot to mention that you also daily drove your car for long distances with no problems.

Si isn't Enough, listen to the Zen master. I couldn't agree with him more.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:39 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Its only a $2-3k difference from a 05 to an 06. Id get the VSA just in case.

Ofcourse everyone here is a professional race car driver and never had any accidents and never lost control of their car.

You could have 15 years of track and auto x experience and still have VSA save your ass. track experience & auto x doesn't compensate for a computer that can out think you in milliseconds. And I've seen enough idiots on the track crash their cars.

Ill be the first to say that VSA has saved my ass before. Also if its your DD, def. get VSA since your not always paying attention 100% during your morning commute :tip wink:
Old 09-13-2011, 01:39 PM

I turn vsa off most times in my 07... prefer it when merging onto highways or taking a nice turn
Old 09-13-2011, 02:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you would be more comfortable taking the bus

Quick Reply: Where can I get aftermarket traction control installed?