S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/)
-   -   Where to get wheels refinished? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-metro-new-york-s2000-owners-61/where-get-wheels-refinished-1180555/)

rpg51 12-29-2017 11:42 AM

Where to get wheels refinished?

I live in Vermont. I have a set of JDM BBS ap1 16 inch wheels and center caps that I want to refinish (strip, paint and clear coat, not powder coat). The shops I have been able to find up this way all say they want about $200 per wheel and they cannot touch the center caps.

Do you know of a shop that will do this sort of thing? It just does not seem like that big a deal to me and I know members in Canada who have had it done beautifully for about half that price, including the center caps.

vasquezgno 12-31-2017 07:01 AM

200 per wheel for paint sound excessive. I need to refinish my cr rims as well and I think everyone talked about al’s hubcaps in mineloa Long Island

rpg51 12-31-2017 07:11 AM

Its a long trip. But, I'll check it out. Thanks.

I agree, $200 is steep. Especially when all they are doing is the face. They won't paint the barrels, and they wont spray the center caps.

freq 12-31-2017 05:30 PM

Wheel Collision Center Bath PA- Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Sales & Alloy Wheel Rim Straightening Repair Refinishing & Recycling! - www.oemfactoryrimwheel.com Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum A

These guys are just .5 miles from my office.

If you use them I'd be happy to help in any way I could.

I always see mobile wheel repair guys at the local auto dealers. Maybe stop by and see who does the local auto dealers repairs for them. They likely contract it out.

rpg51 01-01-2018 03:00 AM

I'll check it out. Thanks.
Very long drive - might involve shipping. But, that may end up being the only solution.

S2KNJ 01-03-2018 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by freq (Post 24401825)
Wheel Collision Center Bath PA- Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Sales & Alloy Wheel Rim Straightening Repair Refinishing & Recycling! -
www.oemfactoryrimwheel.com Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum A

These guys are just .5 miles from my office.

If you use them I'd be happy to help in any way I could.

I always see mobile wheel repair guys at the local auto dealers. Maybe stop by and see who does the local auto dealers repairs for them. They likely contract it out.

yep was going to say the same about Bath, PA. i used to bend up my TL rims at least once a year on pot holes, these guys do the seemingly impossible and make the rims look like new. maybe you can send them.

rpg51 01-04-2018 02:38 AM

I'm looking into a more local vintage car restoration shop in New Hampshire. I'm thinking that is the way to go. I'll update later. Not sure re the $ yet. But, they do extremely good work.

Billman250 01-04-2018 03:53 AM

I had Elite coatings in Plainview do my wagon wheels and they came out great, considering them for a set of Volks.

S2KNJ 01-04-2018 04:28 AM

Guy on here, goes by nibble did nice work on a set of AP1 rims, pink and green as I remember. Maybe someone has pics?

gofast182 01-05-2018 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by S2KNJ (Post 24403092)
Guy on here, goes by nibble did nice work on a set of AP1 rims, pink and green as I remember. Maybe someone has pics?

:LOL:

I might be able to dig some up.