New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

"why do you have that insurance company?"

Old 06-04-2015, 05:00 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Although this is off topic, I'm participating on an event called bake 2 beach for Autism. If you like to support to cure Autism, please visit http://www.biketothebeach.org/ny/nibble001 to show your support. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by nibble
I received an e-mail from NJ Department of Banking & Insurance.

Dear Paul Lee:

We have received your correspondence and have begun an inquiry into this matter. The investigator assigned to your file is Jennifer Solise and the number assigned to your case is 234199, please review attached letter for additional details.
So hopefully, esurance will move to get this done.
Nice Paul. A couple months late but I'm glad you're finally making moves.

Is your bicycle insured by Esurance?
Old 06-08-2015, 12:27 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by gofast182
Good work, Andy! Let us know if someone contacts you.
They sent me an e-mail, I advised that I wasn't terribly interested in their service based on how they handled this claim and sent a link.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Limited success on the FB front. They are responding to the comments but not following through with contacting nibble. NJ Attorney General and Dept. of Consumer Affairs are tagged. I'm still hitting them in their wall posts because their customers might be interested to know how they treat another customer.

Paul if you want your car back you NEED to step it up. Push the issue. Call the contact you had esurance and demand they move forward. You now have a case number the NJ Dept. of Banking and Insurance, call them daily until they get to esurance and move this forward.

I know this isn't really the case but it feels like I'm more upset about the situation than you are.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:50 AM

Remember, when answering questions about this, the track day is a secondary detail you happened to disclose in being fully honest. Your accident happened on a different day, on a public road. You have proven this with multiple support items and accidents on public roads are what you're insured for. Make sure you keep the focus in that direction. They, of course, do not have anything to try and pin this on the track day otherwise your claim would've been denied. If they denied it and you take them to court with the support you have they would UNQUESTIONABLY lose which is why they're dragging it out.

Now PUSH and get this done. I'm going to do a track day sometime this fall and I want you there in your S.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:08 AM

Esurance is now removing my comments from their posts and there is a post from my own wall missing, too. Anyone else want to step up and post? If we keep sending in reinforcements...
Old 06-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I'm not as good with words as Justin is, so, what he said.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gofast182
Limited success on the FB front. They are responding to the comments but not following through with contacting nibble. NJ Attorney General and Dept. of Consumer Affairs are tagged. I'm still hitting them in their wall posts because their customers might be interested to know how they treat another customer.

Paul if you want your car back you NEED to step it up. Push the issue. Call the contact you had esurance and demand they move forward. You now have a case number the NJ Dept. of Banking and Insurance, call them daily until they get to esurance and move this forward.

I know this isn't really the case but it feels like I'm more upset about the situation than you are.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

paul, this is ridiculous. go get your damn car back. get angry. demand your car back. don't be so passive in this situation. red needs you.

the marketing intern who runs their fb page isn't going to do anything.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:50 PM

^ of course they aren't directly going to do anything but their reputation via social media is important to them.

Quick Reply: "why do you have that insurance company?"