New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

"why do you have that insurance company?"

Old 06-09-2015, 01:53 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by orangebarius
paul, this is ridiculous. go get your damn car back. get angry. demand your car back. don't be so passive in this situation. red needs you.

the marketing intern who runs their fb page isn't going to do anything.

I left a comment on the Comcast facebook once saying how ridiculous it is that they can't figure out my internet problems. They were fixed within two days. The FB monitor forwarded my info to the West coast rep. etc. I had been battling with them for a month prior.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arsenal
Originally Posted by orangebarius' timestamp='1433880022' post='23642265
paul, this is ridiculous. go get your damn car back. get angry. demand your car back. don't be so passive in this situation. red needs you.

the marketing intern who runs their fb page isn't going to do anything.

I left a comment on the Comcast facebook once saying how ridiculous it is that they can't figure out my internet problems. They were fixed within two days. The FB monitor forwarded my info to the West coast rep. etc. I had been battling with them for a month prior.
Had a situation with a laptop from Woot. I exchanged around 20 emails with them to no avail. One Facebook post and my refund was issued within minutes........

Not at all the same degree of issue in scope of dollar amount, but social media does have an impact.

Be sure to link this thread.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

this is far beyond social media. this is in their legal dept. they will just keep deleting your comments. they don't care.

paul, you need to be aggressive and go get red. i've read this thread for too long. don't sit back and wait for them to take the next step. they stole your car. go rescue her.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

File a police report for a stolen car.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

I'm curious as to what nibble's insurance policy says. One of the many reasons I quit autocrossing was because my policy stated pretty clearly that it does not cover vehicles that participate in "timed events," etc. That is not what my policy said word-for-word but it was a broad statement that I interpreted as "it doesn't matter where your incident occurs, if we can prove that you autocross this vehicle, we're denying coverage." That might not be nibble's case and I am not saying that the insurer's delay is justified, but I wonder if that is what is holding up the claim process.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gofast182
Esurance is now removing my comments from their posts and there is a post from my own wall missing, too. Anyone else want to step up and post? If we keep sending in reinforcements...
I've noticed that as well when I tried to see your post..
Old 06-10-2015, 02:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieU
I'm curious as to what nibble's insurance policy says. One of the many reasons I quit autocrossing was because my policy stated pretty clearly that it does not cover vehicles that participate in "timed events," etc. That is not what my policy said word-for-word but it was a broad statement that I interpreted as "it doesn't matter where your incident occurs, if we can prove that you autocross this vehicle, we're denying coverage." That might not be nibble's case and I am not saying that the insurer's delay is justified, but I wonder if that is what is holding up the claim process.
I am also curious what his policy says. I'd imagine if definitive language were in there they would've denied the claim already.

But don't forget his accident happened on a public road, not at the event, and HPDE is not timed like autox.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:33 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

What does it cost to store a car in an impound lot for 8 months?

Who pays for that?

If you are found at Fault you do Paul?

If it's Esurance do they? Surely someone must be looking at these costs!
Old 06-10-2015, 03:49 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNJ
What does it cost to store a car in an impound lot for 8 months?

Who pays for that?

If you are found at Fault you do Paul?

If it's Esurance do they? Surely someone must be looking at these costs!
I've seen signs at body shops that say $25 storage fee per day. I'm sure it depends on the shop.

Paul, do you even know where your car is? A lot of cars held in lots aren't treated the best and end up with missing parts.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:55 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

5 pages (OG style) and 8 months

Quick Reply: "why do you have that insurance company?"