New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

"why do you have that insurance company?"

Old 06-10-2015, 04:18 AM
Community Organizer

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

If you have a Yelp account it can't hurt to post there as well.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/esurance-insurance-bernards
Old 06-10-2015, 04:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNJ View Post
What does it cost to store a car in an impound lot for 8 months?

Who pays for that?

If you are found at Fault you do Paul?

If it's Esurance do they? Surely someone must be looking at these costs!
From the NJ Insurance Consumer Bill of Rights:
7. What about storage fees?

If your vehicle is not driveable after an accident and is towed to a storage facility, the storage facility will charge you a daily storage fee. Your insurance company must give you 3 working days notice before they stop paying for storage charges in order to give you time to move the vehicle to someplace where you won't incur storage charges.
I truly believe there's enough here between the evidence itself, esurance's handling of the claim, and consumer protections that they would unquestionably lose a court battle if it came to that and is why they're dragging this out.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by orangebarius View Post
this is far beyond social media. this is in their legal dept. they will just keep deleting your comments. they don't care.

paul, you need to be aggressive and go get red. i've read this thread for too long. don't sit back and wait for them to take the next step. they stole your car. go rescue her.
As a couple others posted, sometimes social media can be an effective way to make things happen as companies do care about their online rep. In this case we made it 5 days until the firm they contract or software they have to manage their online rep. kicked in and removed our posts. As I said before and you can see from reading the thread this seems to bother me more than nibble and I've continually been looking for support and ways he can move this thing along. Because a lawyer is involved (and you're right the case itself is with their legal department) I wanted to hold back from FB, etc. until Paul gave the go-ahead which just happened. After so many months we can't say it wasn't worth trying.

If he goes and gets the car there's going to be a massive storage bill that will have to be paid so he can't just do that. He either needs wait for them to act (NO), fight them (YES), or withdraw his claim with a documented condition that esurance pay all storage fees incurred (MAYBE).
Old 06-10-2015, 06:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i didn't mean literally to go and take Red back. I meant be more aggressive in his actions and dealings with esurance.

all i can say is i hope paul gets this b.s. resolved soon. at least let him enjoy red over the summer. drop the top and let his hair blow in the wind.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:59 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

drop the top and let his hair blow in the wind.
He pulled it all out.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:31 AM

i didn't mean literally to go and take Red back. I meant be more aggressive in his actions and dealings with esurance.

all i can say is i hope paul gets this b.s. resolved soon. at least let him enjoy red over the summer. drop the top and let his hair blow in the wind.
I'll drink to that!
Old 06-10-2015, 09:37 AM

speaking of drinking, i'm going to carton brewing next saturday with a friend or 2. if you're around, you should come meet up with us, justin.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:49 AM

Have to check what's going on but I may just take you up on that!
Old 06-10-2015, 11:30 AM

i'll text you when we're heading down
Old 06-10-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So I received an e-mail from my lawyer that esurance will not answer my question because I'm represented by a lawyer. - very convenient on their side. it was in a letter from their lawyer. also I've provided towing confirmation from AAA since last october and they are still looking for receipt. i"m not getting this because I told them numerous time that I cannot locate the towing receipt and only thing I can get is a letter from AAA that they had towed my car to my home..

Quick Reply: "why do you have that insurance company?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands