New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

"why do you have that insurance company?"

Old 11-01-2014, 10:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The op lives in nj as I do and nj is known to be one of the highest car theft and insurance fraud states around which is why we pay so much to insure cars. I'm sure they would do some research about the accident but stating you just left a race track was a big red flag. I understand the op felt that being honest was the right thing to do but it's not always the best thing to do.. keep us posted and put this insurance company on blast through social media to see what happens but I seriously hope it works out for u
Old 11-02-2014, 12:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

it is not about the HPDE. he probably already contacted HPDE organizer and have confirmed that there weren't any incident. he even acknowledge that there are skid marks made by me on the road yet esurance inspector was still looking for detailed information on my phone record including Joe's full contact information.

If it didn't occurred in track and knowing that it occurred on rt.80, what is the relevance esurance trying to connect? Only thing they told me was this is a standard procedure. if this really is standard procedure for esurance without any justifiable reason, I want to know who ever has esurance and tell them to either get off the esurance or I'll try to find other means of communication.

I consider PII (Personally Identifiable Information) as a very sensitive information. Working in such industry made me aware of this and it includes employes and customer of company work for as well as my family and friends. These information can be used to solicit them and/or identified as that person to commit fraud. Unless there are court order and/or some sort of consent, I would not release the information. This is why I'm so pissed at esurance now.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Any updates Paul?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I hate to say it Paul but you fuked yourself by telling him about the HPDE.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by GRUNTS2K
Well I hate to say it Paul but you fuked yourself by telling him about the HPDE.
Sure, maybe Paul shouldn't have mentioned it but he like he said, he had nothing to hide.

I don't think Esurance denying his claim would hold up in a court. Yes, Paul would have to hire a lawyer and in that sense, yes, he did fuk himself.

If Paul's mechanical failure had happened 12 days later instead of 12 hours, would that matter? 12 weeks later? 12 months? What's the cut-off for a car that was tracked then had a mechanical failure or an accident on the street?
Old 11-06-2014, 04:57 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

sorry to hear about your accident, I was recently involved in a wreck and i have geico and let me tell you these guys were top notch!!!! they made my 1st ever accident a smooth and painless experience, they had a rental ready and waiting for me at the tow yard, it was a 2015 fully loaded tahoe, they totaled out my truck (which was awesome cause i hated it anyway) and they cut me a check that made my head spin!!! this was all resolved in 10days, so big thumbs up to geico!!!
Old 11-07-2014, 03:39 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
Originally Posted by GRUNTS2K' timestamp='1415287380' post='23395737

If Paul's mechanical failure had happened 12 days later instead of 12 hours, would that matter? 12 weeks later? 12 months? What's the cut-off for a car that was tracked then had a mechanical failure or an accident on the street?
Good point. I think if anything the insurance company will try to tie the HPDE in with the failure but with how little some of us drive out cars we could all have an issue like this brewing and not see the part fail for many months...
Old 11-07-2014, 04:12 AM
Community Organizer

Bottom line is this, where did the accident / failure take place?
Old 11-07-2014, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
Bottom line is this, where did the accident / failure take place?
I believe the fact that it failed right after the event will be a big factor in their determination. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that's what will happen.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:11 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Joe is right on. what does it matter if this didn't occurred on track. I always accept the risk that if accident does occur on track, I am responsible. At same time, I know my HPDE experience improves my driving skill on public road such as avoiding trouble and be more aware. the proof is in the video I put on CNN as iReport last year. I barely avoided 27 car pile up on I-95 in CT due to black ice. I could've been 3rd victim of that pile up but with a little luck, bit of technology, & my HPDE experience helped me avoid that accident. That's all on CNN iReport.

for those still questioning, following were sequence of questions inspector asked.

"where were you coming from?"
"where was it?"
"when did you get there?"
"where were you before you went to your friend's home?"
"What were you doing there?"
and more..

let me know how you'd answered it.

BTW, I just called and they are engaging attorney to this matter. Perhaps they are taking a screenshot of this thread as well. Also added that investigation may take 1 or 2 more months. I suppose this another esurance standard procedure.

Quick Reply: "why do you have that insurance company?"