New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

windshiled replacemnt

Old 11-26-2015, 07:30 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Default windshiled replacemnt

whats up metro! 1st off happy thanksgiving.... I was wondering if any of you guys replaced your windshields, who did you use? what was the procedure, any company recommended over another?.... my windshield is showing its age and its really annoying me, so i was wondering how to go about replacing it, obviously I would love to stay with OEM glass, if OEM what is the procedure? do i call insurance or Honda? if NON-OEM who do you guys recommend? and whats the cost between the 2? thanks in advance guys...gobble gobble
Old 11-26-2015, 08:46 AM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving bro,

The OEM glass ant cheap, if I remember correctly, its about 600 bucks. But dont quote me on it. Well I know you have full coverage, but they wont change it just becuase your dont like it. If your going to go through insurnace, make sure there isnt an issue because this would be your 2nd claim in 3 years. If you have a little dent in it, the insurance will just want to fill it in and not replace it.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mndthegap1
whats up metro! 1st off happy thanksgiving.... I was wondering if any of you guys replaced your windshields, who did you use? what was the procedure, any company recommended over another?.... my windshield is showing its age and its really annoying me, so i was wondering how to go about replacing it, obviously I would love to stay with OEM glass, if OEM what is the procedure? do i call insurance or Honda? if NON-OEM who do you guys recommend? and whats the cost between the 2? thanks in advance guys...gobble gobble
Hey brother you should've text me for this you know I work at Honda I experienced this a few months ago you can ask jay(boa) about my problems lol Long story short my dealership has a reputable vendor that installs both oem and aftermarket windshields for all of our used cars and also customer/body shop cars with no problems. He convinced me to get an after market glass so I did and it cost me $325 installed which is about half of the oem window including installation. The glass and installation were perfect but I immediately realized my rear view mirror was slightly higher than before and it was hitting the map lights when I put it in my position. Im 6ft tall so have the mirror angled kind of high which wasnt a problem before with the oem glass but with the after market it became a nuisance since it hit the roof liner and vibrated due to that as well..I eventually sat in jay's car to compare and it was definitely not the same so after some weeks of bitching and complaining he agreed to refund me all my money and install an oem window and now its completely perfect. The installation wasn't the problem it was the actual premounted position of the bracket for the mirror that comes with the window that was bad and about an inch to high.. I had to see my car torn up twice for one windshield so I wasn't happy when my car is in pieces for stupid shit so my recommendation is go oem the first time so you wont have any concerns or questions later like I did.
As far are your insurance goes if you have window insurance fine but if not then don't bother cause the glass is worth about the same or less than your deductible so just pay it out of pocket. Text me if you need anything else but I'd recommend oem all the way from my 1st hand experience..

Happy Thanks Giving
Herbie Rosario
aka Tito lol
Old 11-26-2015, 09:00 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

What's up Tony - I can tell you a few things I know from trying to replace my pitted oem glass on my silverstone. 99% of insurance companies will not pay you for OEM glass, they will give you replacement glass. I would go OEM and from what I remember it was about $900 installed from Honda. (or in that vicinity, could be a little cheaper)

When I explained to my insurance company that I would not take anything but OEM glass, they told me they would give me the money the replacement glass and install would cost which was about $300. This might be an option for you and typically 1 glass claim here and there would not effect your insurance.

Happy Thanksgiving !!

Chris
Old 11-26-2015, 09:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^^chris is right!!! I went through the same thing. Its a waste of time to go through insurance cause it will be a claim against your car in the future and they will only pay for aka replacement glass.. The oem window will cost you about 700 more or less depending on the installer.. I got mine for less cause I work at a Honda store but I can try to get you a discount but you'd have to pick it up.

GET OEM TONY!!!!
Old 11-26-2015, 10:33 AM

Ok so for oem do I have to wink wink break my glass for the adjuster to come look at it? Or do You just pay your detectable and that's it? I wonder if my auto body guy could help me on this? Maybe order the oem for me?
Old 11-26-2015, 02:00 PM

Does Any1 have a bnib oem windshield glass? If so hit me up
Old 11-26-2015, 02:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Tony, you can break it and insurance will still want to do aftermaket glass. What's wrong with your glass is the question? It surly can't get f@#k up being in the driveway.

Your body guy can help you if he knows what he is doing.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:11 PM

It's just not clean hard to explain i can see like dots all over the place no matter how clean I make it with windex....I always see shit...pebble like stuff, just not clear
Old 11-26-2015, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah my windshield is the same way. they get they get little chips from the road. can make it hard to see at night or in the sun. I don't feel you need to go OEM after market glass fits just as well and is half the price. last just as long. ether way it's going to get chipped again over time.

ether way one go make shore the guy takes his time not to chip the paint around the windshield. any chips will lead to rust down the road. also cover your dash board so it stays fresh. also you might want to replace the trim around the windshield with oem

Quick Reply: windshiled replacemnt