New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

5 feet of snow ...

Old 12-28-2001, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dlq04 - we really are lucky up here that is for sure. By all means let me know if you get up this way again. The vintage racing has really been getting better and better. This year the BMW is going to be the featured marque in the HSR race the weekend of June 7-9 at Watkins Glen Int'l. My local BMW CCA Chapter (Genesee Valley Chapter) is working with HSR to set up the event in conjunction with the Chemung Canal Trust Historic Races. There is so much to do!!!

And remember dlq04, you are always welcome in Upstate Forum because I can't get enough of your sig pic with the S and the A!!!
Old 12-28-2001, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, made it home...took about an hour.....did a round about way...and it was smooth sailing......driveway is clear, made a path in the back yard so that my grandson could tube the sloping hills of the back yard....life is good......after a 3am morning start...and coming out unscathed........cracked a Sleamens.......and enjoyed the beauty of mother nature!!!!!
Old 12-28-2001, 07:50 AM

Speaking of the Glen...anyone remember the BOG......the north side sucks!!!!
Old 12-28-2001, 07:57 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Triple-H
Check out these pics of ReedZ's daily ride and drive!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...8&highlight=218

Gee this would be South of I-84
It sounds like this area of the Hudson Valley may be a candidate for RSA Fall Colors 2002...is that correct, James??
Old 12-28-2001, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by paS2K

It sounds like this area of the Hudson Valley may be a candidate for RSA Fall Colors 2002...is that correct, James??
Old 12-28-2001, 09:50 AM

Tea-man - glad you are home. The "BOG" went over my head.

ReedZ - playing at the Eastman, very cool!

jguerdat - well if you were taking the parents home you sure were not driving that beautiful Spa

Looks like I will be headed home soon, we closed the office early because of the holiday. Everybody ring in the new year safely!
Old 12-28-2001, 10:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
[B]The story of driving the old course reminded me of a couple year's ago when I was driving it...
Old 12-28-2001, 01:40 PM

The Bog, at Watkins Glen, was an area that had poor drainage, almost always, the October Grand Prix races were accompinied with rain.....making the bog ripe for "sacrifices"....People fueled with the liquid "spirits", attempted to drive there vehicles across the bog.....which usually resulted in them getting bogged down...and the sacrifice was begun.......pelted with bottles, rocks or what ever else was at hand,,,,the car was destined to be a burned out hulk in a short order.....anyone else familiar with the rites of the bog? (spell check is not working on the home pc, excuse the mis spellings)
Old 12-28-2001, 02:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ReedZ
[B]I'd love to come up to meet everyone this spring!
Old 12-28-2001, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by tea-man
The Bog, at Watkins Glen, was an area that had poor drainage, almost always, the October Grand Prix races were accompinied with rain.....making the bog ripe for "sacrifices"....People fueled with the liquid "spirits", attempted to drive there vehicles across the bog.....which usually resulted in them getting bogged down...and the sacrifice was begun.......pelted with bottles, rocks or what ever else was at hand,,,,the car was destined to be a burned out hulk in a short order.....anyone else familiar with the rites of the bog?
If you were one of the "Bog people" then I can't wait to hear what you tell you children (or grandchildren) about how undisciplined people are today I was out of the area at that time, but I followed the bog adventures via all the major motor magazines of the era. I'm just glad I wasn't one of the sacrificial vehicles.

Quick Reply: 5 feet of snow ...