New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

ANOTHER (soon to be) proud owner.....

Old 03-11-2002, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANOTHER (soon to be) proud owner.....

Greetings fellow Rochestarians, I just bought a yellow 2002 from Holtz and will take delivery on 3/13. Can't wait!! Hope to see some of you on the road. As soon as the salt is gone anyway!!!

Old 03-12-2002, 04:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since Doug Hood has the next car coming into Holtz, also yellow, he's been sitting in your new car far too many times and it's rumored he left butt creases with all the "seat" time. Check it carefully!
Old 03-12-2002, 08:14 AM

jguerdat,
I believe Doug Hood was actually sitting in a 2001 they had in the showroom. Thats the one I sat in that got my blood flowing for the S2000. Holtz got a 2002 yellow in Feb.27th when I took delivery of 2002 red.
Daveg 27,
Welcome, congrats! Your gonna like it. I know I do can't seem to get enough seat time.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:19 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jguerdat
[B]Since Doug Hood has the next car coming into Holtz, also yellow, he's been sitting in your new car far too many times and it's rumored he left butt creases with all the "seat" time.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:39 AM

That yellow 2001 has been there a while. The 2002's haven't been there that long I don't think. The salesman I dealt with didn't even know they had them which is why I test drove a red 2001 the first time. Somebody is going to get a good deal on that 2001. It has a lot of "accessories" on it ($3K worth) and they recently priced it below MSRP ($31,495 I think). I didn't get that one because I wasn't interested in most of the accessories and I preferred the 2002 shifter and glass rear window. The difference would have been about $20/month, not worth it to me. Yea, I'm weird about trivial things sometimes.

Woohoo! Financing went through, got 6.49% through ESL. Not too bad. Now if only I had some way to make tomorrow be NOW!!! 9am can't come soon enough. Hope the weather holds off, at least it's too warm to snow.

4 Yellows running around here? Seems like a lot. Weird though, Besides Jeff's I haven't seen any other yellows around. I've seen a black one and some kid has a red one, I've seen that one a few times. I don't care for that huge wing he put on it though. Other than that they're just aren't a lot of S2K's in this town. Cool!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:03 AM

Of course you know mine is not running around yet. There are just a bunch of men in little white coats in Japan having there way with my pile of parts, they should be done sometime on 3/13, which might be now, way over there!!!

The '01 Spa on the showroom floor has a dented hood. Someone squashed it with their palm most likely.

So Dave (?) who was your salesperson? How would you rate the Holtz purchasing experience? What options did you get? What options do you want to ad? Where do you think you will have service done? Have you considered having the alignment checked? Give it up?

Oh, and are you free 7/6 to come and play in Toronto? Do a search for the Angry Salamander!

Testut lives in Ithaca, so it will be a while before we see him running around here, but he does drive the car in the winter season along with Jeff, so you just never know when they might pop up! Also rumored to be another Spa in the area with a wing on the back that would be large enough to lift the space shuttle, although I have not seen it yet.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:43 AM

Triple-H, I'd rate the sales experience as average I guess. My salesman was Tracy Lupinetti. I don't think I got a great deal but I'm not really the wheeling and dealing type so I think I did ok, for me. They were stubborn about MSRP, which is too bad but I think that's still normal for this car, even around here. I got the 7/100,000 mile warranty "at cost", cargo net and 2 seat back pockets thrown in. The only other accessory I was interested in was the hard top and I don't think they were going to throw that in! Aside from the warranty I wasn't willing to pay for any accessory but I wanted to get something out of them. I probably spent about 5 hours there over the course of 3 days. The only other vehicle we bought new was my wife's Dakota. We got taken for a ride on that deal. Chalk it up as a learning experience. I don't think the S2K deal was as bad as that though. At any rate, I don't really care how much better other people did with their deals, I'm happy with the car and I didn't have to pay MSRP++.

Dented hood?!?!?!? How the hell did I not notice that? Maybe they fixed it?? Now I'm really glad I went with the 2002!

I have no idea where to get service done, perhaps we can band together as S2K owners and find the best place and give them exclusive business. (So long as their service quality holds up of course!) I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud here, where do you guys take your cars? I'm hoping that being a Honda it won't need it often. I'm pretty easy on cars too, I plan to auto-x but on the street I drive like an old woman. (Saves significant money in tickets and insurance!) I don't anticipate snapping diffs and trannies every 6 months.
Old 03-13-2002, 03:33 AM

Triple-H......I remember counting the months....now it is down to hours....flying out of Buffalo...7am Friday morning..arrive Boston 10:30 am......I called the airport yesterday in regards to carrying on New York plates....the reply was "that is a good one, let me check" The answer was, I would not make it through security with them..so I Fed-Xed them to the dealer. My son commented on the plate issue and security......he said bad enough trying to take them aboard.....but INSANA T stamped on them should sure raise the "red flags" LOL Talked briefly with the salesman in Boston, he is going out of his way, picking me up at Logan.....just another example of the excellent treatment I have received at Cambridge Motor Car Company!!!!
Old 03-13-2002, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by Daveg27
Dented hood?!?!?!? How the hell did I not notice that? Maybe they fixed it?? Now I'm really glad I went with the 2002!
Yup, you missed it. It is still there. It is very, very small and the light has to be just right, but I suspect it will be more obvious when the car is outside.

Originally posted by Daveg27
I have no idea where to get service done...
Well lucky for you, I do! It could be a drive for you, but you should seriously consider it. Ontario Honda, Canandaigua. Call Terry Sullivan at 396-7770. Introduce yourself as a friend of Douglas Hood, (I'm going out on a limb here ) tell him you have heard great things about their service department. Let him know you are looking for two things, a loaner car when you drop yours off, and to have Paul work on your car. I suspect he will hook you up. Keep me posted when you go over there. You will be taken care of!

You can buy me a beer later!
Old 03-13-2002, 09:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tea-man
[B]Triple-H......I remember counting the months....now it is down to hours....flying out of Buffalo...7am Friday morning..arrive Boston 10:30 am......I called the airport yesterday in regards to carrying on New York plates....the reply was "that is a good one, let me check"

Quick Reply: ANOTHER (soon to be) proud owner.....