New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Autocross Discussion Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 07:17 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
^ Nice pic Cone Mark. Are those pics of the Seneca Army Depot that Doug posted?
Doug's pics are from Batavia International Motorports Park, a Kart track near us.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:28 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Originally Posted by A 2' timestamp='1336144375' post='21669242
^ Nice pic Cone Mark. Are those pics of the Seneca Army Depot that Doug posted?
Doug's pics are from Batavia International Motorports Park, a Kart track near us.

you guys are lucky. You have all the coolest driving tracks around you
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by A 2
you guys are lucky. You have all the coolest driving tracks around you
Unfortunately, Griffis Air Force Base, Seneca Army Depot, and the Batavia Kart track are no longer available for us to play on.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:28 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Mixed day. Had fun though. Got five runs in the AM and three in the PM.

Forgot to turn off VSA on the 1st three runs. The ones after that went fine. I had no idea they were not making a note of times and was not watching the clock. Only got to see the clock on my last run in the AM and I did a 45 second run. Per the instructor this course was a high 30's to early 40's kind of track. It was dusty in a lot of places and had several gravel patches.

In the PM, I went out on my first run and was making my way around the course. Came up on a section where I was braking/lifting to turn left and go straight for the finish gate, but this time, I decided to stay on the gas and power through. Sure enough I hit gravel and that spun me around towards a light pole. Came to a controlled stop quite a ways from the obstacle. Last two runs I just focused on being as smooth as possible and decided I did not want to check the times.

MOHUD has a good group of people, but the challenge was that not too many people showed up and there was no one to make note of times. In that sense, I feel a tad disappointed in that I had no way to measure how I did. The clock too was placed at an angle and one had to look sideways while going straight to catch there time. I decided it was not worth the distraction.

Worked the course twice and hyperflexed my knee while running to recover a fallen cone. It should heal up by tomorrow morning and if it does, I plan to go and stay at least part of the day for a couple of runs. Dont think I can stick around the whole day.

oh! and I got several track walks in with the instructors and myself. This track was fairly easy starting with a left hand turn turning right and then left and then a long right hander followed by a mini slalom that led to a decreasing radius turn. You came out of that and basically went back over the route you came on.

There was a Caterham that was a pleasure to watch as were two VW's driven by the guys that own Capital Region Customs. The star of the show was the CRX-Si and was possibly the fastest car I saw setting a time of 39 seconds and was hundredths faster than a Corvette.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:25 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Btw. They said I'd be in B stock as S2000's are part of that class now.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by A 2
Btw. They said I'd be in B stock as S2000's are part of that class now.
Originally Posted by A 2' timestamp='1336057854' post='21665851
Also wanted to ask, when I go to the MOHUD event, should I be asked to be put in Stock Class or is there anothe class I should be asking for? Hope having the spoiler will not be a disadvantage to classification. You should be in B Stock. See if they have a novice class or street tire class. No body should complain about the spoiler at a local event.
Thought we had discussed that.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by A 2
Mixed day. Had fun though.

The star of the show was the CRX-Si and was possibly the fastest car I saw setting a time of 39 seconds and was hundredths faster than a Corvette.
Glad you got out there and put your new education to good use. Who was driving the CRX?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Surprised Jim Garry wasn't there. He bought a B-Mod car last year. He is a two time National Champion that I will be up against in our new car.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:00 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by A 2' timestamp='1336264115' post='21672893

The star of the show was the CRX-Si and was possibly the fastest car I saw setting a time of 39 seconds and was hundredths faster than a Corvette.
Glad you got out there and put your new education to good use. Who was driving the CRX?
Will Schambach and the guy he bought the rex from (Lyndon is his name)
Old 05-05-2012, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by A 2
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1336272139' post='21673086
[quote name='A 2' timestamp='1336264115' post='21672893']

Will Schambach and the guy he bought the rex from (Lyndon is his name)
[/quote]
Had a feeling. Say hi to Lyndon for me. He used to ride in the X1/9 with me in his early days at RIT. Will is Jim Garry's co-driver in B-Mod. Haven't met him yet, but I'm sure we will cross paths at the Devens Tour.

Quick Reply: Autocross Discussion Thread