New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

AWD to RWD madness!

Old 10-21-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eviljokersti
Im located in wallkill, closer to plattekill. Ive seen a spa yellow drive down mybroad a few times but i dont know who owns it. Im akways down for meet ups and drives. Ill be at the twisted visions season closer at OC choppers

I think you might be referring to me. I don't know of any other spa yellow s2000 in the area. Where did you last see me. I remember seeing a black s2000 a couple of months ago on rt 211 in Middletown. I was waiting to get on rt 17 westbound.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by RIDGERCR
Welcome to upstate.
I've only lowered my S2k on the Eibach pro kit and have had no issues with the car. Unless you go really wide with tires like say 255/40-17, then you may rub the rear fenders. So just be aware of that. Another great mod to do to these cars is to swap out the intake with an AEM V2 cold air kit and get yourself the center console organizer from Modifry. It's a great little invention and you should love it too.

I also own a Subaru WRX, 2003 war wagon. Hahah... Great car with a stupid-ass P0442 CEL since I bought 2 years ago. So if you still have your original 2004 Subaru wheels, I may be interested in them. Otherwise, welcome and nice cars you have there.

-Jeremy

I dont own my wheels any more but i still know tons of guys that are always selling stuff i can keep an ear ut for.
Ahh the P-0442 is a code i knew all to well. If its still on after all this time and you did all the obvious fixes but it wont go away I have the answer. Its the Evap coal canister located on the rear passenger side of the car undernieth the gas fill up tube. I went for 2 years tearing my subi apart trying to fix the code. Changed out every Evap hose on the car to brand new. Had tons of test done to see what the deal was. finally my tuner smoked the fuel system and voila, the coalfilter canister was leaking. Its was a pin hole leak too but we swapped it out for a new one and it fixed the problem.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by lolls
Originally Posted by Eviljokersti' timestamp='1350685181' post='22095901
Im located in wallkill, closer to plattekill. Ive seen a spa yellow drive down mybroad a few times but i dont know who owns it. Im akways down for meet ups and drives. Ill be at the twisted visions season closer at OC choppers

Welcome to the gang! I'm from Middletown but work in pine bush area..hope to see you around!
Thanks I'm on the end of wallkill near Newburgh but i do go to middletown all the time. I used to take my subi to the old Caldor meet all the time until that shit got shut down.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by BM612
Originally Posted by Eviljokersti' timestamp='1350685181' post='22095901

I think you might be referring to me. I don't know of any other spa yellow s2000 in the area. Where did you last see me. I remember seeing a black s2000 a couple of months ago on rt 211 in Middletown. I was waiting to get on rt 17 westbound.
I saw it on Quaker avenue just past Mill St.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WELCOME TO UPSTATE!
Looks like you got a nice S2000 there, congrats
Old 10-23-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool. Thanks for the info on Subie wheels. I'll be looking more harder next year most likely.

As far as that damn code goes, the evap canister is on my list of crap to replace. So thank you again for reassuring me of that issue. Inspection comes up in March, I got time.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
WELCOME TO UPSTATE!
Looks like you got a nice S2000 there, congrats

Thanks, I'm slowly making my way around the forums reading as much as i can.

I have a question tho. I am looking into sway bars but i dont see anything about upgrading the endlinks for them. is there no need to or you cant?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 AM

So just ordered a set of Swift Spec R springs from Group A Motoring for a great deal. Then Next week I'll be ordering the sway bars.

I was looking at doing Steering rack bushings, Engine torque damper, Rear 4pt brace, front X brace. along with 12mm anti bump steer kit and front strut tower bar. I want this thing to handle like its on rails (I know coilovers is the next step I'm just not at that point yet) I want to try and get the most out of the stock struts as i can. Is there anything else I should look at. Also in my previous post is there a need to change the endlinks?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 AM

So I went a little crazy today. Got a bonus check from work and decided to splurge. Bought a Berk Header, K&N FIPK intake and HKS 75mm Single exhaust.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hoy cow! Nice parts you ordered.

Quick Reply: AWD to RWD madness!