New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

AWD to RWD madness!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'm trying to keep the modding under control. but its hard (thats what she said).

Even tho the season is over I know alot of guys do modding over the winter months. Some people dont have a garage to do this or a small garage with limited space. If anyone is ever in need let me know I have a large work shop that can park six cars or work on 3 easily. Im having a lift installed on Nov. 11th also. I have pretty much every tool you can need. except a drill press, band saw and dyno. Drill press and band saw soon to come. I also offer any assistance needed, no charge at all I just like to help. I've been working on cars since I was 9. the only thing I dont do is tuning. I have a ton of people who will vouche for me.

I know I'm new here and this is kinda out of the ordinary but I do this because I love cars, all of them. Even if you need to come and use it to change oil thats cool too. I found doing this helps keep me sane. I've met alot of cool people doing this which also makes it more enjoyable for me. Plus knowing i can help someone get something done on their car that otherwise they would have to pay someone an arm and a leg for or would break their backs doing without the proper tools or equipment is to me what beng a true enthusiast is all about. PM for details or questions. I hope this doesnt go against forum rules, if it does let me know I'll delete it.

I'll take some pics this weekend and post em up.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:00 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

^ that's very generous of you.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're a rare breed. It's just too bad you're far from the Albany region.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 AM

I'm an hour from albany
Old 11-15-2012, 09:03 AM

Update,
Got the hks exhaust and the K&N installed. huge difference in top end with the intake. i have the berk header waiting to be installed once the lift gets installed, everything got put on hold bc of Sandy (that bitch).
Now im looking for a test pipe. but i was wondering, does anyone make a test pipe that tapers from the header up to the cqt back diameter?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

not that i've ever seen, there are just different diameter test pipes
Old 11-20-2012, 07:32 AM

Received 680 Likes on 387 Posts

welcome to upstate. A2 mentioned me... i'm Gilly (Steve) and i own an s2k and an 04 sti.

pics:

my sti is stock looking, but has all suspension work done, and is making 340 hp, 330 ftlbs at the wheels (stock on that dyno was 240, 240 at the wheels)

welcome to the s2k world... you'd find the s2k handles SO much better than the sti, but doesn't have the balls for obvious reasons. Every time i get back in my S2K, it puts a huge smile on my face when i go around that first off/on ramp.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
welcome to upstate. A2 mentioned me... i'm Gilly (Steve) and i own an s2k and an 04 sti.

pics:

my sti is stock looking, but has all suspension work done, and is making 340 hp, 330 ftlbs at the wheels (stock on that dyno was 240, 240 at the wheels)

welcome to the s2k world... you'd find the s2k handles SO much better than the sti, but doesn't have the balls for obvious reasons. Every time i get back in my S2K, it puts a huge smile on my face when i go around that first off/on ramp.
Just thought I'd comment, but the only balls needed with the S2000 are those from the driver. Heh heh.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak

pics:

Nice Subie, I have to agree with Ridge, driving the S2K hard to me takes more focus and control, than my STi did. Even @ the power i was making the AWD and Sticky tires make it easier to tear up a twisty road or track, but in the 2000, It comes down to a real driver to know how far to push it before the ass end wants to take over as the front of the car.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:30 AM

Received 680 Likes on 387 Posts

oh absolutely as far as the driver needing balls... i was just commenting on the torque haha.

Quick Reply: AWD to RWD madness!