New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Bucket Seat - Mounts

Old 12-17-2018, 02:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by s200059
I believe that would be (not really sure) to release the belts in a situation where the seat is mounted so close to the floor that you can't slide your hand under the front of it.
Some race belts have a quick release latch that holds the belts down under the seat.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...gaAu1yEALw_wcB
They are for those code brown moments! who are you trying to kid
Old 12-17-2018, 02:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure if Wedge Engineering is still in business but my Wedge seat base is super strong (if a little heavy). I bolted it straight to the floor using the stock holes (IIRC) but it will except a slider if wanted. Sounds like you should just bolt down and use some side mounts as I did. I have been very happy with it after I finally dialed in my position

I have Cobra seats. They are Imola Pro. I was able to get a slightly wider seat on the drivers side than the passenger. I had to make sure that clubs knew I needed a slight instructor when I required one as al large guy just won't fit. It has dented the door card but does not hinder door closing
Old 12-17-2018, 02:27 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by pgss2k
Old 12-17-2018, 02:34 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

In my humble opinion, the hole in front is for the anti-submarine strap(s) and would attach to the bar that you can see immediately below. The next two holes are under your thighs for cooling. The next two holes through the side of the seat are for the lap belts. The two upper holes are for the shoulder belts.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:53 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by pgss2k
Then I can say that I have tested them and they work perfectly !!

Too many times I have had the feeling that I was about to test my safety gear. Well I finally did and it works GREAT !.

And finally - I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't an S2000 driver.
https://www.newsweek.com/maine-car-c...-casco-1261417

Last edited by s200059; 12-17-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't realize that there's a different styles of belt - pull up vs pull down.
It seems like pull down shoulders are an easy choice, but what are y`all running for the lap belts?

Honestly, I`m not even sure what pull up vs pull down means in the context of a lap belt.
Would a pull up have the adjuster located next to the seat, so that you're grabbing near the bolsters and pulling up to tighten? And a pull down mean the adjuster is near the middle, so to tighten you're pulling horizontally out (a pull out rather than pull up?).
Old 12-18-2018, 10:25 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by NoDelta
I didn't realize that there's a different styles of belt - pull up vs pull down.
It seems like pull down shoulders are an easy choice, but what are y`all running for the lap belts?

Honestly, I`m not even sure what pull up vs pull down means in the context of a lap belt.
Would a pull up have the adjuster located next to the seat, so that you're grabbing near the bolsters and pulling up to tighten? And a pull down mean the adjuster is near the middle, so to tighten you're pulling horizontally out (a pull out rather than pull up?).
I think it depends on the style of seat you have in the car and how accessable the belt adjustments are when you are seated in the car.

When we are all suited up with a full face helmet and fire suit, gloves, HANS...etc, it becomes very difficult to adjust things such as belts. So to have a simple "pull up" design helps the driver get strapped in by himself without the aid of a helper or crew. Once you are harnessed in properly you can not easily (if at all) reach helmet, gloves or HANS unless they are placed into your lap.

In Jeff's vintage racer, he also has arm restraints which further limit his arm movements so he definitely needs the easy adjustable belts....or a crew member nearby.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:10 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

My current belts are pull up belts. This is the lap belts only. On the pull down belts, I found that I didn't have enough room between the center latch and the side of the seat to effectively pull down to tighten the belts. I had to thread the loose end of the belt through the hole in the seat and pull from outside the seat - and still not enough room with the constraints of the car. With the pull up belts, I pull up towards the latch as opposed to pulling down away from the latch.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For the laps I was running pull up. Supposedly for the lap, the pull up design is a little easier to tighten up and adjust. I certainly never had any issue adjusting them once I was i the seat with the helmet/hans on. Did you decide on running 4 point or 6 point belts ?
Old 12-26-2018, 08:56 AM
Community Organizer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

i'm using buddyclubs. i've got the bottom of my driver seat just about touching the floor with only enough room to slide it forward and back

Quick Reply: Bucket Seat - Mounts