New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep & SRT Discussion Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:58 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep & SRT Discussion Thread

Chrysler, Dodge, Ram and SRT are the manufacturers for the week. As you are aware Chrysler has created several sub-brands. Ram trucks are sold separately just as SRT has its own line-up of vehicles. Question for Ralph Gillies, head of SRT - When are they doing an SRT version of the Pacifica or the Town & Country?

In any case there is nothing in the Chrysler line-up of interest to me. Dodge has a great looker in the Dart, but performance is not quite on par with the looks of the car. The Durango SUV looks mean and aggressive and has always appealed to me, but again I am not in the market for no SUV. Ram 1500 looks good, but like I said in the Chevy thread, I think I like Tundra and the F-150 more.

All of which brings us to SRT. This new group company is definitely making waves of late having come into being as a separate company with the launch of the new Viper. The one car, which is a rather obvious choice for me would be the SRT Viper TA. Definitely on the list of things to acquire once I cash in when my imaginary company goes to an IPO

Jeep - I like the shape and design of the Wrangler. May be a fun vehicle to own someday. But the one Jeep other than Wrangler, that I would love to own is the first gen Grand Cherokee. Don't know why but I like the car. My cousins husband had one that he purchased new outta college. He only got rid of it last year. Got close to 20 years out of his GC

I know one of you has owned a Viper in the past. Any one else that own them now or that has owned them in the past? What were your experiences like?
Old 02-25-2014, 04:17 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

I liked the Superbowl commerical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlSn8Isv-3M
Old 02-26-2014, 03:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOVE the Viper TA! Only vehicle they produce that sparks my interests. I love the fact that despite many automakers downsizing engines and moving to forced induction for fuel efficiency, even on sports cars (BMW M cars, Ferrari, next gen NSX, rumors of Porsche moving to more turbo engines etc) SRT put in a MONSTER V10. Now I understand that there are performance benefits to forced induction, but there's a magic to N/A. I also love the lunacy behind it. Its a very striking looking thing and makes a fantastic noise. It certainly isn't the most sophisticated car, and certainly not the easiest to drive. However in terms of the thrill and feel you get from it, not having driven one, I can only imagine its in a class of its own.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:50 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

^ I have to agree with you.

Looks like there is not much love for Chrysler on here. Come to think of it most people are split between ford & Chevy. I only know 3 people that are fans of Chrysler products. One cousin loves Jeeps and another is a viper fanboi and the PM where I work is a Chrysler guy that has an all pentastar garage - 300 daily driver, Pacifica family car and Dodge Challenger summer fun car.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:59 AM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Nothing.

The Viper is interesting, but not at the price for it.

I have a mild passing interest in the Charger/Challenger muscle cars, but again - not at the price they charge for them.

The Dart seems underwhelming.

Everything else is boring SUVs.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:05 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ruth and I have always loved the idea of having a Jeep CJ Sahara driving over the mountain roads here with the top down.
The reality is that we already have one convertible and don't really need another.
Also we don't need another 4 wheel drive as we already have our GMC which although a Jeep would be fun it wouldn't be practical for us and could never replace our truck.
The rest... meh other than a Viper.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:44 AM

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,620 Posts

<<<

Love the new Cherokee! I don't find an SUV boring. If I do, I can drive +1's WRX or the S2000.

Replaced the Liberty we had for almost 12 years with this Cherokee. Opted for 6 cylinder, we like more power in our house. I have more toys, better gas mileage vs the Liberty and a nicer more refined, less "trucky" ride, AND I still have 4WD.

We seriously considered the Dart. +1 (who works for Chrysler/Jeep) was waiting for them to come out with a specific motor which is on the horizon. However, we decided I was not really ready to give up having a 4WD vehicle.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really love my Wrangler (JK for you Wrangler fans), but nothing else in the Chrysler-Jeep lineup appeals to me. Of course, there's always next year and the likelihood that a new model might appear...
Old 02-27-2014, 06:18 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I have to admit I was toying with the idea of a Wrangler for awhile. They hold their value too well. Mr. Good Deals couldn't find the right price on a used one.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Always looking for a 2004 Wrangler willys model...