New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Finally!!!!!

Old 03-16-2002, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!!!!!

To all of you awaiting the arrival of your vehicles....it eventually does happen!!!! I have been waiting since the end of Dec. to take delivery... and as of yesterday everything fell in order.....I bought the car in Boston MA.... Because I live in WNY (Buffalo) a short plane trip was necessary. I touched down in Boston, and was greeted by the salesman...another courtesy extended to me by the dealership. Once we arrived at the dealership, there sat my "dream"...a bit "dirty", but that was one of my delivery requests not to wash it. I signed a few papers, and was on my way....I can not say enough for the treatment of the dealership staff. I took it upon myself to bring a small "trinket" for the salesman to show my appreciation in how he handled the sale. The 480 mile drive back to NY was an experience of a lifetime....a lot of lookers....I must have had a shit eating grin on my face the whole drive back!!! So now as it stands, I have a bit more driving to do to take the odometer past 600....and really get to appreciate the full power of this awesome machine!! One other thing about the dealership...if any one is interested, send me a PM and I will give you the info on the dealership and salesman....1-------2-------0 miles to go and VTEC will be unleashed!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2002, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! At least you almost got the break-in done on the way home. Took me about a month and a half due to snow...
Old 03-16-2002, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by tea-man
To all of you awaiting the arrival of your vehicles....it eventually does happen!!!!
So, there really is hope!
Well although I don't have my car yet, my dealer does have my hardtop!
Enjoy tea-man! 120 miles should be no problem!!!
Old 03-16-2002, 12:57 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Congratulations on you fine purchase. That must have been some trip home. I'm origonally from Gowanda, still have family out there, and make the trip "out west" a few times a year. Maybe this summer we can hook up if I get out to WNY. I also ordered a hardtop for mine but that won't be here for about a month.
Old 03-17-2002, 03:25 AM

I wish to add my congratulations, as well. Now I understand why you bought it in Boston and drove it back. You wanted to reduce the amount of time spent waiting for the magic 600 miles to be completed It's certainly worth the wait.
Old 03-17-2002, 06:11 AM

Congrats on the new s.... cya on the road.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Testut
[B]Now I understand why you bought it in Boston and drove it back.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]Me, I'm just planning to take the entire day off from work and drive around.
Old 03-18-2002, 05:11 AM

Well, Sunday morning...(5:30am) I had to run downtown. A glance down at the odometer reads 593...I know 600 is going to hit somewhere on the Skyway into the city....this time of the morning...I have the road to myself.....600 elapses....and before you know it....130mph and climbing...truly amazing, and a bit frightful because it just wanted to keep going.....But the true appreciation was later in the day when I felt true VTEC, 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear wound out....incredible speed and acceleration.....damn I need a radar detector!!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 05:14 AM

Also I smoozed my way into the St. Pat's day parade in Buffalo.....Had a lot of thumbs up, one drunken ass, ran up to the side of the car, slurred a scream at me....."that's a fag car...buy American" go figure?

Quick Reply: Finally!!!!!